CHAPTER 7 | Funeral Consultant...Again (Y/N)

"Travelle-!" I clamped a hand over Childe's mouth to prevent any suspicious looks our way and I must say it was hard when he was around ahead taller than me.

"Close that mouth of yours. The Traveller can clearly see you and we do no need any other pesky eyes looking our way," I hissed. What is about to be discussed is confined information. We do not need the whole of Liyue to be informed.

"Hi Childe and Y/N! How did you get here so fast? Didn't we leave before you from Wangshu Inn?" Paimon asked cheerfully.

"Yes. My senior is very practiced in the ways of blowing people's mind. Especially when someone she cares about is injured," Childe let out a devious yet innocent smile.

"Why did I even bother telling you. I have my ways Paimon. Now let us meet this...consultant," I shot a stink eye at the Eleventh Harbinger.

Childe completely ignored me, turning to Aether, "So as I've promised, I've found someone who can help us solve the mystery of why the Liyue Qixing would hide the Geo Archon's vessel,"

"So is he inside Liuli Pavillion?"

"Yes. I've took the liberty of setting up a business dinner," He said proudly before walking to the entrance of the restaurant.

"We thank you for your patronage, Mr Childe and Ms. Y/N," The man at the front took a deep bow, "Mr Zhongli is awaiting your arrival,"

"How much did you spend?" I asked cautiously.

"Eh only around 999999 mora," He said casually.

"Your trying to play it easy aren't you? 1 million mora? You are going to bankrupt the Northland Bank here," I pushed his forehead lightly as a small punishment.

We walked inside the luxurious restaurant to be met with the deceiving archon himself sipping tea without a care in this world.

Childe let out a small 'Hi' for polite greeting whilst the Traveller and Paimon gawked at the interior.

"Let me introduce to you Mr Zhongli, consultant to an organisation known as Wangsheng and is a trusted associate of the Fatui," He introduced.

"Trusted associate? When did that happen?" I nudged my colleague.

"Hmm? Oh. I don't actually know. Signora pointed me towards him. Who knew that lady had other things on her mind than the latest fashion trends," He explained in his normal playful way.

"It is an honour to meet you. I have heard take of you from Mondstadt," He greeted the Traveller and Paimon but his eyes were trained on me, which I simply started back.

"He is a consultant from an organisation that deals with the shadows that one may walk through in their life and where discretion is needed." Childe explained further.

"Shadows...discretion?" Paimon let out a small scream, "Does the Wangsheng business happen to deal with...people?"

"Yes, the Wangsheng Funeral Parlour deals with burials and ensures that people pass on peacefully into the afterlife," He sighed slightly before muttering a very soft, almost inaudible, "Only if Director Hu wasn't so enthusiastic about selling her coupons would customers be more willing,"

"Well...I shouldn't say much but...I brought you to see Mr Zhongli because..." The ginger haired boy laughed nervously.

By this time, the conversation had become so long winded I decided to try some tea.

"Because I can take you to see Rex Lapis' vessel!" He proclaimed proudly, resulting in me choking on my tea.

"No kidding you can," Childe looked at me confused.