Special Chapter | Festivities? Who said there would be festivities

Tbh I didn't think this would get this much love and attention...and I'm pretty sure I just kind ended it like...oops? Btw Ik I wrote according to the story line before but this chapter is fully from my imagination of a new story line of Liyue happenings as the Traveller is supposed to be in Inazuma being forced to dodge lighting by Yae Miko.

Y/N's POV

"Cheer up. Eat this," I held out a stick of spun sugar out to Xiao who was frowning amongst the festivities.

Xiao took the treat but his expression didn't change, "Something is going to happen tonight. The scent of demons, it's heavy,"

"Are you sure it's not just a hilichurl?" I asked, tilting my head so I could meet his gold eyes.

Xiao shook his head before biting into the sugar, his expression calming down slightly, "It's stronger than what a population of hilichurls could ever give,"

I tiled my nose in the air, "Why can't I smell anything?"

"You have a bad nose,"

I looked at Xiao, "Seriously,"

Xiao turned away and sighed, "It's always the big nights and festivities that someone decides to strike,"

"If that's the case then we should move towards more densely populated areas then we don't be targeted," I suggested.

"That is easier said then done. Let's go," He pushed himself up from his sitting position at the cliff's edge.

"I don't like crowds," Xiao muttered as we entered the festival filled air of Liyue Harbour. The Lantern Rite only occured once a year. Nearly all the mora made in the year before the festival was put into making it more spectacular each year.

"Of course you don't. This can be your training," I smiled before turning my attention to the various stalls.

If had been several thousand years since I last took part in a lantern right.

"Such an unexpected meeting. I'd never think I'll meet you two in the midst of all the festivities,"

"M-Zhongli? I could say the same thing," I turned around to face the resigned or 'dead' Geo Archon.

"It wasn't my plan to come but-"

"Mr Zhongli! Have you found any...clients...yet?!" A girl ran up to them, her dark red and brown attire nearly blending into the night. Only her bright red eyes and the plum blossoms that decorated her hat and clothes could be visibly seen, "Are these two...clients?"

"Clients? Re-Zhongli this is?" Xiao's eyes narrowed at the girl.

"This is Director Hu, or Hu Tao. 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlour. And no. These are not possible clients. I believe these two still have a long life ahead of them," Zhongli said calmly.

"Oh...well. it's nice to meet you! Any friend of Zhongli's is a friend of mine!" Hu Tao greeted happily.

"Why are you looking for...clients in the Lantern Rite...Director? I doubt anyone is going to die soon," I cast a look at Xiao. Is what he said is right, someone could very well die.

"Clients are possible everyday," Hu Tao places her hands on her hips, "Business needs to keep going,"

"Today might not be the right night, Director Hu," Xiao said folding his arms.

Hu Tao stared at him for a few seconds before coming to a conclusion, "Oh your apart of the Adepti! The one that helped at the fight with Osial and nearly fell off the Jade Chamber!