Cash Up Front

Redgrave City...

It looks like an ordinary place, an ordinary city. Nothing special if we just see it from the outside. But believe me, this city has gone through some bad, bad, bad shit. Demons once roaming around the street, taking over the city for good. People were killed brutally, the street was painted with blood of innocent humans. The demons, show no mercy upon them.
This place is also the witness of the reunion of the sons of Sparda- Dante and Vergil. At the top of the Poison Tree Qliphot.

Today, the city's looking perfectly fine like nothing ever happened. Human activity went back to normal...in day time.

Since Dante and the rest of the Devil May Cry crew moved to Japan, demonic activity increased like crazy.  

Nobody was there to stop them. Every night, people were too afraid to go outside.

But for the past few years, demonic activity slowly decreasing. Because of certain reason...

...

A fine young lady walking by the street, the night is her only company. Despite of the fact that the demons lurking at night, she doesn't seem so worried about it. She walked confidently in her black suit covered by a leather coat.

Her high heels shoes tapping on the concrete sidewalk. She was heading toward an old looking building with a red neon sign said "Devil May Cry" on top of the main door.

She pushed the door opened without even bother knocking it. The condition inside the building was dark as hell, nothing to see only a person sitting behind a desk.

"The door is willingly to be knocked, [Catherine]...," Said the man behind the desk.

"I hope your ass is also willingly to be knocked," the woman known as Catherine replied in a sassy tone.

She walk right to the coat hanger and hanged her coat on it. "What's up with the darkness? You couldn't pay your bills again?"

The person smirk, snap his finger as the lights goes on. "Bet."

Catherine was lowkey impressed by the improvement her partner in crime did on his office, but also mad at the same time.

Since the tragedy of the Qlipoth tree, demon hunting business is booming for Yn. That's why he managed to made more money than his father ever did.

"Great, great, great. You waste your money on this useless stuff? You sucks at managing money,  [Yn]...," She complained, sit on the couch near the window.

"Well, that's why I'm hiring you in the first place...," Said Yn the [Devil Hunter]. "Now tell me, sweet cheeks. You got some job for me to do? Or you just wanted to complain like you usually do?"

Catherine getting up off the couch, walking toward Yn's desk sit on it. "Gig, cash up front...," She put an envelope on the desk.

"Cash up front? This...," Yn took the envelope. "...i like. But, i don't know, Catherine. Not really in the mood to pull a trigger... I think I'll pass this one."

"No you ain't. Read it..."

Yn start to reading whatever is in the envelope. After a few moments he finished. "What the hell is this?"

"Check, from a new client. And please met the special client...," Said Catherine as somebody else opened the main door.

A goth dressing woman enter the shop, silent and cold. She's surrounded by some mysterious vibe, such an unfamiliar feeling for Yn especially. Her white hair almost similar to Yn's.

"Watch your behavior...," Catherine whispered at Yn. "This one is different."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, fuck off...," Yn whispered back. "So, lady. The couch is waiting for you to sit on it."

The woman simply nodded and sit on the couch, crossed her legs.

After a moment of staring contest, Catherine decided to break the ice....by running away.

"Listen, I need to be somewhere else. I believe you'll be able to make our client satisfied, Yn...," She said as she walking toward the door, taking her coat in the way.

"What?! Come on! Catherine!"

The woman just simply ignored the crying demon as she leave the shop at once.

A sigh escaped from Yn's mouth as he focused on the edgelord looking lady. "So... let's start our lovely conversation by giving me your name."

The woman crack a small smile, get up off the couch as she introduced herself. "You can call me [Adriadna]..."

"Ah

"Ah... Adriadna. Why don't you tell me about this job?" Asked Yn.

Adriadna start to walking around the shop, checking things that placed on the wall. "This might be sound familiar to a guy like you, Devil Hunter. Let's just say...a powerful demonic artefact was discovered in an island near Redgrave City."

"Uh-huh...," Yn gave a lazy nod. "I'm not interested into demonic artefact. Beside, archeology ain't my stuff. People hired me to slay demon, not brushin' off some old rusty demon trash."

Adriadna let out a giggle. "That's not the reason why i hired you. The reason is, there's a powerful individual attempting to activated the said artefact for her own...good. Is she a demon? Yes. Probably more than just a demon."

" 'Powerful individual'... Huh, now that's a familiar tune. Did you have any idea how many time i heard that exact same line? They're all ended up almost the same...," Yn run his hair through his hair. "Got their head sliced to pieces..."

"Then you don't have to be worry about taking care of her, right...?" Said Adriadna. "The Devil Hunter Yn?"
Yn chuckled, grow a smirk and stood up from his chair. Grab his sword [Edgelord] and put on his coat.

 Grab his sword [Edgelord] and put on his coat

"You got that right..."

***
Disclaimer: some of these artworks are originally made by ME. I'll put another disclaimer under every artwork that is rightfully mine.