2

She opens the door of the grand hall where her friend is. It is big enough to invite 2000 people even if it is just a normal meeting today.

Japan in the meantime was studying the planet's atmosphere and all the possible resources this world might have. Bonetheless Taiwan is happy to see her old friend even though her own mother, the Japanese empire, invaded her once. "Sorry if i am late" Taiwan says kindly.

"No worries i know you're not used to the planets day and night cycle even though the invasion was years ago." Japan suddenly interrupts to avoid causing more problems.

"It's ok Japan I'm fine with that" explained Taiwan "you see... 3 years have passed and I still can't figure out how to find any resources I could use for my own economy. The atmosphere isn't in the best to plant food here and i am not even starting on the soil, i just.." she sighs for a moment thinking of how she could provide her people with food for the next 4 years.

"Japan you see I can't depend on all the trades, I have to do something." Taiwan sill explained.

"Well I've done some researches about this planet and i think there might be drinkable water under deep the surface." Japan explains.

Even if galactic standards say that this planet was selected as a dead zone and it is impossible to grow eatable food or create life in the middle of nowhere they have to try it. "But how can we find water if we don't have the tools" Taiwan questions.

"That's easy, i have the tools for it. Isn't this your now home world?" Japan giggles a bit but her theory wasn't as bad as it could be. "So I have to... grow something right?" Taiwan was still confused but her friend knows this was part of an experiment.

"No you have to dig down that surface and we might find something." she yelled from afar as she walks away "If you say so Japan" taiwan answers.

Her friend is weird sometimes. Both wander outside and Japan pulls a shovel out of her luggage. The following digging isn't that pleasant since the soil was different from the other one at home. It is much harder so it lasts 2 long hours until something strange happens. Water comes from all directions forming a small puddle in the meter deep hole making the soil easier to cultivate.

"How did you know? Taiwan mumbles to her friend who grins. "This Volcano crater is literally the only place on this purple dustbin where water is relatively close to the surface. But most maps of this planet don't know that." Japan answers proudly and Taiwan takes a look at the now wet soil.

She could plant crops now for another 4 years. "well I guess your theory worked Japan" Taiwan smiled looking at how in just one minute many humans begin to  cultivate rice and other things near the water source.

"No problem Taiwan I've always wanted to make a research of dead planets. They look interesting" the Japanese says before heading back into her own ship to return home.