3

Finding the water source turned out to be a massive achievement that saved Taiwan's population from starvation because the water is actually drinkable unlike most of the plants outside the crater.

Japan has gifted them some tools for mining so they have started to extract minerals from the mountains. They can sell it to Japan at a reasonable price.

The start was difficult but slowly but surely the economy grows and the living conditions improve. But Taiwan knows that she is still far from being the rich and strong nation she once was.

Spies keep her informed about what happens on China's planet. It is a dangerous job because China is a very secretive country who can let people have "accidents" Or people just disappear without a trace.

And now she stands on a balcony, leaning against the railing with a small letter in her hands. It is from one of the spies and don't hold any good informations. China is planning to attack her new home to finally execute her.

The spie adds that the hostile nature of the planet currently stops China's plans but Taiwan knows that it is just a matter of time until her enemy will find a way to attack her.

"Sir you might want to take a look at this" a human says from behind her so she turns around to face him. He gestures her to follow him so she does. "What is it?" She asks while both walk down the hallway.

"Our miners found something strange in the mineshafts and don't know what it is. They said that you should see it" the officer explains and opens the door to the mining district. A group of dust covered humans wait in front of the mineshaft.

One of them steps forward and hands her a helmet. "It is better when you see it yourself" the men says and the group enters the mountain side. "We were mining for iron and gold and then a wall gave in. There was this weird underground room and something was in its middle." He explains further and easily navigates through the tunnels until they reach a broken wall.

Taiwan peeks inside to see the circular room. It looks like the elegant architecture got carved directly out of the stone. Taiwan notices something else. Aside from the accidentally created entrance by the miners there is no actual entrance.

In its middle lies a weird, softly glowing thing that radiates off a weird energy. "What the hell is that?" She mutters under her breath as she steps closer to the artifact whose energy has a strange tendency to make her move closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exactly 444 words