Blue roses 💐

~Where Shun, on one of his rare morning walks, finds an open-space with the prettiest flowers his eyes could ever have laid on. In a rather klutzy way, he ends up making a hurried bouquet of roses to surprise Mio who is yet to wake up.

~Fluff

Dedicated to: zzzwxxxhhh

Shun stirs and twists, suddenly aware of the heaviness of his limbs; yet unable to force himself back to sleep. His whole body is begging for mercy - five more minutes in bed it says - but his mind has never been so awake, fidgeting in all sorts of directions and manufacturing all sorts of thoughts. It's the voices of his painful past again; the sound of his parents disapproving of the utmost fact that he is gay and the innumerable hurtful phrases his friends used to spit at him.

At the end, all the lad is able to do is hold his head and hope for silence in a near future.

A quick glance at the clock tells him it's 6a.m and definitely way too early. Seemingly, he slept only for 4 hours. He wants to let out noises of protest but knows better than to. No matter how frustated he may be, he has no intention of waking up anyone in the house.

Reluctantly, Shun gets up in a seated position on his tatami. Unconsciously, he is already glancing sideways in direction of the sleeping figure to his left. And his heart immediately skips a beat.

He himself starts wondering whether this isn't actually a beautiful dream.

Mio, who is sleeping soundly on the mat next to him, simply looks ethereal. To Shun - the eldest of the two - there is no actual way someone could ever look this pretty while sleeping; he had to be dreaming for sure. It would be an ironical lie to say that the older boy wasn't regretting not waking up early all this time. He had been missing on such a sight so often; what a pity.

In the blink of an eye, the eldest's hand is already acting on its own. Tenderly, he starts stroking the mop of black hair he loves so much and only stops when Mio is seen frowning a bit. Shun unwillingly retrieves his hand but the loving smile on his lips never fades away. Not like he would ever admit it out loud.

"You're gorgeous Mio Chibana." The guy whispers before he is already standing up on his two feet while trying to make the least noise possible. Again, his last wish is to wake up the sleeping beauty whom he has the honour of calling his. He knows he is truly one hell of a lucky guy.

The tired fellow tip-toes out where he is greeted by the softness of an early breeze caressing his cheeks. If he isn't to go back to sleep, he might as well opt for a little morning walk to ease his mind. He himself can't actually remember when was the last time he took some time for himself.

It's chilly as he walks down the garden all the way to the road in front of his grandma's beautiful cosy house. He has gotten so used to this place that he eventually came to consider it as his own. Suzu and Eri have become his new family and of course, his heart knows very well that Mio will always remain his. Not to mention the cats whom he loves so much already. This place is genuinely a little corner of the world but he knows this is what paradise is like.

Shun has found his serendipity.

The streets are obviously pretty quiet and the sound of the ocean close-by is so loud he actually feels like he is millimeters away from the waves. His steps are slow and dragged with his hair whirling is all directions at the mere gush of wind blowing. At times, he just wants the wind to carry him away but luckily, these thoughts are only temporary.

The youngster distinguishes light coming from a few windows and that's how he knows he isn't the only one awake in this little town. It makes him feel less lonely and it sure accounts for something. He has been feeling optimum loneliness all his life and now that the tables have actually turned, he wishes to keep it this way. Call him egoistic for that but he can't help it.