Hiraeth 🌦️

~Where Mio and Shun have a fight. The younger of the two then ends up on the beach, allowing his emotions to get the worst out of him. Fortunately, Shun doesn't take long to join him in the hope of patching up.

~Slight angst and fluff

Dedicated to: Elle

The boy brings his legs closer to his chest as he stares ahead into nothingness. His vision is blurry but he makes no attempt to wipe the fat tears cascading to his neck. He knows that maybe the situation isn't actually worth his tears but he has always been like that. His mother had told him there was no point in hiding your true emotions - if you experience happiness, then smile and dance around and if not, your tears will speak louder than actual words.

Mio's hand almost naturally finds its way to the bracelet he has been wearing ever since his mother has passed away a few years ago. Playing with the said accessory has several meanings to him depending on the situation. He does so in moments of stress - involuntary so; when he is outrageously happy and also, when he misses the woman with all his might. Today is one of those days where he wishes she was still alive.

Because despite having found a new anchor to hold on to, he is feeling a void in his heart which can only be filled by parental love.

Now mind you, of course Shun and him have quarrelled in the past - and it did escalate to a level where they didn't speak to each other for days - but this time was different. Presently, Mio wasn't simply heartbroken; he was doubting his boyfriend's legitimate feelings in his regards.

They both have been quite busy these days; torn between helping out at the inn without forgetting the endless nights Mio had to spend alone since writer sensei had to finish his novel. And when finally, they got to spend some time together in their little love cocoon earlier, the elder had to mess up big time.

Shun voiced out how he thought his boyfriend would be happier if he was to date a girl.

It was definitely not the first time the male was making such an abhorrent opinion known and each time he did, Mio felt his heart shatter a tiny bit until it was eventually reduced to microscopic pieces which he thought and was so sure could never be fixed. Before they even dated, the blond had this thought encrusted under his skin - as if it was a fact which couldn't be denied - and the younger thought his mind had changed now that they had made things official between them.

He had been so wrong it seems.

The breeze caresses Mio's cheek and it does help into wiping the tears away as they evaporate and get carried along with the cool breeze of a late evening. The lad wonders whether he is being unrealistic or whether he has truly misinterpreted his lover's feelings for him all this while.

The thoughts keep on getting darker and he starts drowning in self-pity. His mind manufacture all sorts of scenarios ranging from lugubrious ones to ones where the two boys are breaking up. Needless to say that the tears only double, if not triple in his eyes.

He is all puffy by the time the sun is just starting to set. He hears the sound of people going back home after work, the tentative tatter of footsteps and the chatter of students. He hears the chime of a bicycle and the laughter of some feminine voices. Someone calls his name but he doesn't react. His eyes are focused towards the horizon despite not staring at something quite specific. He is lucidly very lost and it isn't long after feelings of utter anxiety start cramping up. He realises he is afraid of losing Shun just like how he lost his mother.

All the crying sure has caused Mio to feel a tad bit weak if the involuntary closing of his eyelids doesn't tell a better story. Nevertheless, he doesn't budge even when he feels a sudden warmth lying on the sand next to him. Of course he knows who this is and that's precisely why he refuses to look at the person in question. If he does, he knows he is going to melt and give in to those warm chocolate eyes and tender touch.