one

The Color Black was a success

The Color Black was a success. Fifty thousands copies were sold, making Geneviève Daniels an overnight star. It's been a couple weeks since her book release and Geneviève was thrilled. So much stress was on her to make her book the best it could be. Although, she knew it wasn't the real story behind her lavish lifestyle. Black decided to throw a party for the success of her book. Geneviève didn't expect Black to appreciate her work, but he did. The party was thrown at their house, with guests of two hundred, including their family.

Black knew everyone in the industry. The party was thrown to perfection. It was everything Black envisioned. He wanted his woman to be happy. Geneviève never smiled this hard in her life. All the attention was on her. She stood beside the big poster that her headshot and her book on it. It was like a dream coming true.

"I would like to thank everyone for coming. I am so honored and humbled to present my work to every single one of you." Geneviève spoke, she took a glance at Black, who was looking at her. The look she never seen in months. The look of appreciation and happiness. -"Big thanks to my baby, Black Reynolds, this is all about you." Geneviève kissed Black. The crowd plastered their big smiles.

Geneviève knew that Black was putting on a show. It was so obvious. She went with the flow and didn't want to upset him. It's crazy how a man can love a woman so much, to put her through physical and mental pain.

"If I can still have everyone's attention." Black said. He took something out of his pocket. It was a black box. Geneviève's eyes widen as she watched Black kneeled down. Sudden gasps came from the guests. Geneviève took a step back shock to see Black on one knee. -"Geneviève, I was in love with you, ever since I first landed my eyes on you. Would you do the honor and be my wife?" He opened the box presenting out a big diamond ring. Geneviève heart stopped. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Yes, say yes!" The guests shouted to Geneviève, almost feeling peer pressure. Knowing that she would have his last name, his everything. He would be in control of her and would make her life crazy. Geneviève wanted to say no, but she couldn't take anymore beatings.

With a tear coming from her eye, Geneviève made a decision. -"Yes," She said and the guests cheered. Black placed the ring on her finger and kissed her simultaneously.

She knew her life was changing instantly. Why would she agreed on marrying someone who was beating her? Was it because of his money? Or because of her book?

Still in shock about the surprised proposal, Geneviève thanked everyone for coming with all smiles. The house grew quiet instantly and it was just her and Black. She turned around to see him drinking once again.

"Can you just put the glass down for one second?" She complained rolling her eyes. Black smiled walking up to his fiancée. He touched the ring that blinged her beautiful hand.