fourteen

Author's Note: I was really hesitant on whether publishing this chapter this early, but here it goes. The last chapter for a while. Plus, it's my birthday month and I'm planning out something. Enjoy this chapter!

Geneviève was released from the hospital days ago

Geneviève was released from the hospital days ago. It was the hardest for her. She went home empty-handed. She wanted her baby boy in her hands. Geneviève couldn't do nothing. All she was doing was laying in the bed and eating snacks. Geneviève was depressed. Her life was completely over.

Black was trying the best he could. Geneviève barley spoke a word to him. He was to blame for all of this. Everything he did, Geneviève criticized. Black watched as Geneviève stared at the television with no emotion, while he was holding a tray with her food. He wanted her to be happy, but it was going to take a while. Black walked further in the bedroom with the tray in his hands. Geneviève looked over at him before turning back to the television.

"I'm not hungry." She stated with a tone Black never heard before. She sounded like a different woman.

"You need to get real food, not snacks." Black responded, placing the tray on the bed.

"You eat it because I'm not hungry." Geneviève looked down at stomach and rubbed it. Reminiscing when Alexander was in her belly.

"Geneviève, I'm not trying to argue with you, but you need to eat and you need to try to walk." Black advised.

"Everything turns into an argument with you because you don't listen. I'm fine, Black. I'm not hungry."

"Laying in bed is not going to speed up the healing process. You can't walk, Geneviève and you're not even trying. Listen, I know you're hurting, but Alexander wouldn't want you to be like this."

"Don't bring my child into this. You're the blame for his death." Geneviève choked.

"Stop blaming me for our child's death. I'm tired of hearing it. I didn't kill our baby." Black defended himself.

"Whatever you say, Black. You can take yourself and that tray out of here. Bye, I need to be alone." Geneviève focused back to the television.

"You've been alone for the past few days. We need to talk. Being silent is not the answer. I'm the only person here for you." Black proclaimed.

"Black, leave me the hell alone!" Geneviève yelled.

Black knew he wasn't going to win the fight. He let her be. He left the tray just in case she wanted to eat. He left out the room closing the door behind him.

Geneviève looked over at the tray with the food looking at her favorites. Black was right, she needed to eat real food. She grabbed one of the sides; green beans. They were greatly seasoned, she devoured it within minutes. Geneviève didn't want to eat her life away. She wanted to get back healthy and back on her feet for the sake of her son.