nine

Author's Note: The Color Black is almost at 1k reads. Lets go! Dedications are coming soon. I really appreciate all my readers.

Geneviève decided to be the bigger person and comfort Black

Geneviève decided to be the bigger person and comfort Black. Once they reached down to Detroit, many emotions came over Black. Black was a tough man but cried to Geneviève about facing his fear. It's been years since Black been back to his hometown. Geneviève came in contact with his estranged family, learning that they're having a cookout. She believed it's the perfect opportunity for Black to rekindle his relationship with his family. But, Black wasn't going for it. He didn't want to face his greedy family. Which started an argument between the both of them.

"Why would you go behind my back and do such a thing?" Black asked Geneviève, as he rubbed his temples.

Geneviève rubbed her belly. -"It's a great idea. You came for for that exact reason. Stop running away and face the problem. I came here to support you."

"You was coming here regardless. You think I was going to leave you back in California alone?" Black raised an eyebrow.

"We didn't come here to argue. You need to let go out the past. Go in the bathroom and get dressed." Geneviève demanded.

Black got up and stared at Geneviève. He loved when she be in control. It looked sexy on her. Geneviève was wearing a cotton white dress, showing her shoulders and her growing bump. Her honey blonde hair was in a bun. She decided to go with red lipstick, along with some hoop earrings.

"If this plan doesn't work. It's going to cost you." Black whispered into her ear before going into the bathroom.

Geneviève didn't know if she should take what he said as a threat.

The ride to his family's cookout was quiet. Black was dressed in a white polo shirt and some jeans, rocking his chains. The both of them made a little commentary, but Geneviève noticed how tense Black was. He was gripping the steering wheel and squeezing Geneviève's thigh. Geneviève comforted him adding a small smile. They were getting closer to the destination. Geneviève remembered the first time she met his family. They were so welcoming and different from how Black described them. The only problem she had was his mother. They were alike in so many ways. Abusive and demanding.

They finally reached the destination, Black put the car in park and stared at his family. Geneviève tried to give him a kiss, but he got out the car before she could. Geneviève got out and walked in the backyard with Black. He instantly took in her presence by holding her hand. Geneviève smelling sense came in contact with barbecue. They walked further in hearing loud old school music playing and seen kids playing.

This didn't look like a dysfunctional family.

Geneviève's eyes wandered off to all the desserts on the table. Sweet potato pie, chocolate cake, pound cake, lemon cake, peanut butter cake, all the greats. Geneviève was feeding for two and knew she was going to make a to-go plate.