Last day (Trials Pt.3 Final part)

This story contains possibly triggering content such as

Kidnapping ,gore, abusive past and possibly sensitive topics

(S/N)=sisters name

(F/N)= fathers name

(M/N)= Mothers name

(B/S/N)= Baby sisters name

[ (Y/N) POV]

I watched closely as Kato walked away from where we previously sat--well laid at the time.

The sweat drooped down my forehead and onto the back of my hand. It was extremely hot right now and the fact that we all were sitting in an open field where the sun was shining directly on us both.

So no wonder why I was sweating so much, regardless I sat up straight and turned to face the back of Kato's head while he sat criss-cross on the ground writing in his journal.

He must document a lot of things, but that's not the point here. The point is that Kato is a liar and I plan on confronting him about it.

Nothing to back if you subtract the fact that we both could've died because of it.

"Kato."

I saw him jump and turn around like he was a mixture of shocked and a little hurt.

I didn't mean to sound so loud and stern, the way he looked at me did make me feel bad for scaring him.

"Sorry if I scared you, but I've got a question for you."

Kato paused for a moment before turning to fully face me and returning to his previous way of sitting.

Criss-cross.

"How's your ankle?"

"....uhhhh"

"If I remember correctly you said you hurt your ankle earlier and that's why you couldn't run on your own right?"

"Well- yeah- but please let me explain? And don't be mad."

"Go ahead, I'm not mad just curious"

"Alright, in that case I only said that because I know I'm slow and I freeze up when I'm scared, if it wasn't for you finding me and carrying me up I would've slowed us down or died. I'm sorry."

This confession was honest, based off his expression and the tone of his voice. Ever word he said was honest, so I didn't really have much else to say about it.

He already felt bad enough so there's no point in making him feel even worse for it, that'd just be cruel.

"Look, don't worry about it okay. Just try not to lie about your injuries anymore okay? If I tripped it would've been a close call for us both."

"I'm sorry, I won't lie about those anymore and I'll try to keep up--"

"Actually, how about this. I'll make you a promise if you can make me one too. Sounds fair?"