The sparrow

This story contains possibly triggering content such as

Kidnapping,gore, abusive past and possibly sensitive topics

(S/N)=sisters name

(F/N)= father's name

(M/N)= Mothers name

(B/S/N)= Baby sisters name
____________

"Its just a sparrow."

I said out loud as I limped over to it, and reached my hand down to it hoping it'd let me pet it.

At first it flinched and backed away, I flinched forward out of shock, and the charm around my neck shook lightly.

The sparrow must've caught a glimpse of it, because when it saw the necklace it calmed down a little.

Slowly I inched my hand towards Its head, and when I got close enough I gently pet it.

It nuzzle my hand after a while, and In return I moved my other hand infront of it so it could jump on.

Eventually it walked onto my hand, and I slowly stood to place it on my shoulder. I tickled under his chin with my pointer finger.

Up until it noticed to gash on my shoulder, everything was just fine. After that it seemed like eat bird freaked out.

It was a cute little sparrow, average looking but a little feisty from my past experiences with sparrows.

It was squaking and shaking its head frantically.

Moving its wings around and point at the dash, and then flapping them high over its head, I wondered why it was doing this.

"Hey, hey, calm down I'm sure if you have an owner or a parent they're gonna be worried about you if you keep yelling like this."

I whispered as I limped my way down the path I remembered, still whispering to the sparrow as a form of support.

It kept my mind off my injuries and helped me focus on the conversation and finding those twins.

It also served as a distraction from the fight I just got out of with that strange man, and relieved me of any questions I had earlier.

Whoever this sparrow belonged to they must've had problems with claiming it down.

Was it easily frightened? If so then it shouldn't be this far out all alone without anyone looking after it.

"You know, you're a cute little bird, but I wonder how you found me?"

I asked a rhetorical question and unsurprisingly the bird chirped an answer that I didn't understand.

I could feel it's little feet move around as it shifted its body to sit on my shoulder. I could still feel the light shake.

There was a light breeze in the air, so it only made sense that the poor sparrow would be a little cold.