Chapter 39

(Listen to the song well reading pls, makes it better

Could've been one lonely night

Isla stared at the popcorn celling, wanting something to happen. Anything. Just something to pull them out of this trance.

Just like the others

But they couldn't. Couldn't pull themselves out. Faint colours blurred against their eyes everytime they blinked.

But you lit up my life

Their phone lay against them, warm from playing music for so long. Their playlist had been or repeat for over a hour now.

This is what it's like to be lovers

Their computer screen's light reflected undone homework, pressing guilt into Isla's mind. It was due soon. But they didn't have the strength to move yet.

You and me

According to the clock it was 11:49. They had 10 minutes before it would be marked as late, and they hadn't even started. But they couldn't be brought to care.

Need never be lonely again

The song lyrics where engrained in thought, memorized by the repetition of the song.

Spin with me endlessly

Nothing could bother them. They had cried so much over the past days that they had no more to cry

Or at least until the end

Their eyes burned like tears should be falling, but there was nothing to come out. Fire licked their eyes, wishing for tears to put it out.

Please never fall in love again

They weren't sure why they where crying. They felt like they were constantly crying, and for what? It was to much.

Oh, please never fall in love again

Their was a popsicle stick in the small yard out back. It was labeled "Checkers" in scribbled purple marker. Apparently a cat was underneath, Isla's couldn't bring their self to be there for it.

And if some other guy

Isla was afraid. Afraid of needles and fire and water. Afraid of others and loud noises and attachments.

Catches your eye

But past all that, Auden had been their friend. Auden was kind, and funny, and stayed by their side. And Isla wasn't used to that.

Please just text me your goodbye

Somewhere in there, Isla had fallen. And fallen hard. There was no better way to say it.

You know I don't look pretty when I cry

It wasn't surprising that a heart so desperately for affection had fallen. But Isla hadn't expected it, or even thought they wanted it.

And I don't want that to be

And in all truth, they didn't. Didn't want this. Didn't want to be torn between reality and love.

Your final glimpse of me Baby

Didn't want this tearing feeling. Didn't want someone constantly on their mind. Wanted to be free, but they couldn't.

But if you could please

And maybe, just maybe, they didn't quite want to be. They didn't understand, but it was a happy feeling.

Return my Shrek DVDs maybe

So Isla clung to it. Let it pull them back to the real world. Because that was what they needed,

Please never fall in love again

12:08am in the morning

Oh, please never fall in love again

1 new wattpad notification

Please

IHaveAJuiceBox: Isla?