Chapter 59

"I'm sleepy" Isla whined softly. Auden paused at the high pitched tired tone, both in surprise and absorbed in how adorable it was.

"Then sleep," Auden suggested. Isla groaned and sounds of shuffling blankets came through the phone.

"Nooooo" Isla drew it out as long as they could before running out of air. "I want to hug youuuu!"

"Sorry, not really possible. I can stay on call?" Auden suggested tentatively. Isla paused.

"You never do that. 2 hours on call is the max I can get out of you." Isla grumbled. Auden flopped down and sighed.

"Just this once." Her tone was firm, but Isla saw right threw it. They giggled lightly.

"Yay!" Isla wrapped around the phone happily, beginning to ramble about something Auden didn't quite get.

She wasn't sure where it started or what it was about. Isla would fade off or yawn, then continue like they had never stopped talking. It was confusing but Auden was used to it, but strangely cute.

"Hey Isla?" Auden asked when the call went silent. It had been almost 30 minutes now. "Isla?"

Calm sleeping breath filtered into Auden's ears. She smiled sweetly.

"Night Loves," Auden whispered before she muted herself and opened twitch. She pulled up a quackity jackbox stream since she wasn't tired yet.

Both people where lulled happily to sleep, in each others silent presents.