She's American

Matty's on Jimmy Kimmel and the interview is going great. Even better when his beautiful American girlfriend is brought up in the conversation.

 Even better when his beautiful American girlfriend is brought up in the conversation

~*~*~*~ 2021 ~*~*~*~

Jimmy Kimmel was a show that Matty was pretty excited for. Last time the band were back on tour in 2019 he'd been asked to do The Late Late Show with James Cordon, and whilst he loved James, Matty was a sucker for a change of scenery.

Maybe that was because he was a nosy person, or maybe it was the fact he and the band hadn't been to Jimmy Kimmel since 2016. A lot can change in 5 years, and Matty was keen to see what had.

So yeah, it was the fact that he was nosy that made him excited.

Before he knew it, soundcheck had been and gone with the lads, and all of a sudden he was sitting in the infamous Jimmy Kimmel chair next to the large desk. Few nerves ran through Matty's body as he sat there and Jimmy introduced him to the audience.

But thankfully after a brief introduction and Jimmy telling them all about Notes On A Conditional Form, Matty fell into conversation pretty easily. Pleasantries were reexchanged that had already happened backstage an hour or two ago, but for the camera neither party minded recapping.

After that though, the conversation obviously turned musical.

"Congrats on releasing your fourth album" Jimmy smiles and Matty can tell it's genuine.

"Thank you, thank you... Yeah, it's amazing that this is the first stop on the tour and it came out over a year ago" Matty says, a little reminiscent of the day it dropped.

Jimmy smiles and leads them both into the topic of how gigs had stopped and how the tour had been cancelled due to the pandemic. It carries on for a few minutes with Matty talking about the struggle of him thinking doing tours was basically him set for the rest of his life until it all came to a grinding halt.

Jimmy obviously asks how he personally found the isolation and being forced to take the break. Matty tries to be as earnest as possible with his answers, but he also talks about the positives and what creativity the break inspired.

He and Jimmy talk about the different artists, bar his band, that Matty assisted during lockdown and it was really nice thinking back to those times too. Matty couldn't believe how fast but also slow the past year had gone.

Matty couldn't stay in his head for too long and think about that though, because Jimmy moved them back onto the topic of Matty and his own music.

"So how long have you been doing this stuff for now? Because you're thirty-two right?" The host asks the man who once again had curls at the top of his head.

"Yeah, wow. That's a wake up call... That means I've been doing this for almost twenty years of my life" Matty says a little wide eyed.

"Wait what?" Jimmy pauses looking shocked at that news, "Your band's been together for twenty years?"