Chicken Shop Date | Part 2 |

Make sure you read Part 1 first! x

A/N: Hey besties! Me and -alovesreading have been so excited about this fic and the endless possibilities for it after seeing how tour has been going so it was to be expected that we would go completely off the rails and write way more than we expected to begin with lol. That being said, we have planned up to 4 parts and we assure you, you'll wanna keep an eye out for what's coming next. For now, we hope you enjoy Part 2 just as much as we did writing it. I'll leave you all to it now - enjoy! x

~*~*~*~ 13th October ~*~*~*~

You've definitely had pre-gig nerves before now. At a The 1975 show especially. But they've never been quite this bad.

It could be a mixture of quite a few things. One, because Being Funny In A Foreign Language is a matter of hours away and you're so excited for new content. Two, because you'll probably be hearing something new live.

And three, the biggest factor for your nerves will probably be that you've never been to a show where you've kissed the lead singer before. Twice.

But here you are, being shown into the guest entrance as you'd managed to swindle your way onto the guestlist - hopefully unbeknownst to the band themselves - for their first show at Pryzm tonight. It's the night they are doing their two Banquet Records shows and despite the nerves, you are really fucking excited.

Before your agent told you that she managed to get you on the guestlist, you'd gone as far to camp out for your ticket to this gig a fortnight ago. You got into the queue at 3am and you were wrapped up so tightly because of the cold that you were thankful no one recognised you.

It's not embarrassing at all to camp for a ticket to a show you really want to go to and you didn't have bad blood against any of the people who were in front of or behind you. But the fact you're doing it, an up and coming 'public figure' of sorts, you didn't want to advertise that you are so fucking obsessed with this band and their music that you'd camp in the freezing cold for 7 hours to get tickets.

Especially considering that your date with Matty happened the week before. You didn't want Matty knowing that either because he definitely wouldn't call you about new years then.

But thankfully you got a ticket for the show and you were one of the lucky ones who did get a ticket and didn't get turned away. But after the second show was announced later that night, you felt relief for the people who weren't as lucky as you that day. Because you probably would have cried if you hadn't got one.

A few days after that though, your agent called you and told you she managed to get you onto the guestlist of the earlier show which had been added. So that is how you've ended up with tickets to both shows.

Even if they are the same, you don't give a fuck. You have their music on repeat all the time so seeing their music live again will not be a hardship for you at all.

Thankfully all the nerves started slowly easing away when you got your first drink. And by your second you felt a little bit calmer. You were on your third when the band came on the stage and despite you being on the top balcony with all the other guestlist attendees, you longed to be closer.

Hearing the live debut of Looking For Somebody (To Love) had you tearing up because you were so beyond happy with the new content and how it sounded. The fact that Matty and the boys looked so excited to play it too made you emotional and it really hit you just how much you love this band's music.

The first show was fucking amazing, and seeing Matty again made you heart do all sorts of things. You don't know why you were nervous because it wasn't like he was going to see you from up where you were.