Halloween (R.M)

~Ross MacDonald Oneshot~

You and your group of friends had loved Halloween since being kids and every year you went above and beyond with your costumes. When you needed a duo costume Ross was always the one you'd go to and over the years you'd become closer and closer. And that means that feelings get stronger and stronger. But would you be in for a trick or a treat?

 But would you be in for a trick or a treat?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Halloween traditions had taken place between you and your friends for years. It was something you always loved to do.

Seeing how big the 'holiday' was in America made you wish you were over there to celebrate. Most people around your parts didn't really care so it wasn't a big deal to dress up.

Most of your other friends saw it as an excuse to have a piss up at someone's house, which was fine, but Halloween to you was about being scary or putting actual effort into your costume. Bunny ears and devil horns paired with a slutty dress really wasn't your style.

So you were glad you had actual friends who had the same mentality as you. Not that your lad friends would have condemned you for dressing slutty but they knew you liked to go all out for Halloween. So that's what you'd always done.

Growing up on the outskirts of Manchester meant that you could always quickly and easily go into town to find yourself something. Whether that be clothes for normal days or shopping for your favourite night of the year.

You mainly had guy friends so it was quite easy to go as something fun or scary for Halloween. And you were thankful that they were as into it as you because each year you set a budget of how much you wanted to spend on a costume.

The five of you had been friends since primary school but you'd somehow always been together for Halloween. Whether as kids that were staying at one of their houses and watching scary films after you'd been trick or treating, or eventually going out to parties... It was always the five of you.

~*~*~*~ 2003 ~*~*~*~

"What are we doing for Halloween this year?" You ask, sitting yourself down next to Matty on his settee.

"Don't know" Matty sighs, "We need to go out and have a good around"

You look around at the other three boys who surrounded you. George already looked bored of the conversation, or perhaps he wasn't paying attention at all.

Adam looked half interested, but you could tell that he was as useless as Matty for ideas. Ross looked interested in the topic of conversation but again seemed to be no help because he was just sitting waiting for someone else to come up with something.

"I don't mind doing face paints?" You offer, knowing you'd be decent at it. You were Fourteen and could do your makeup surprisingly well when you put your mind to it. "I think I'll be able to do it"