Chapter 2

When some experiences are hard for us to endured, our brain's decision is to just delete those memories as if they never happened.

The mind like having a switch from which they could turn off the pain from the past. Maybe that's why some of us can remember a song from a decade ago but we don't remember what we had for breakfast yesterday.

Our body deciding for ourselves which memories are worthy enough to be kept and which ones have to be disposed. Some humans think that when they can't forget a harsh moment from their past; it's because there's something they had to do before they can let go.

It's not a crazy idea to think that way, maybe it's someone trying to tell us to keep on searching for a solution, to cleanse our sould before we can finally move on.

After all, memories are the traces from the experiences and the pain we endured to cope with the future ones.

Specially when we have memories from things we think we've never done before yet they seem so real and tangible.

Our previous life trying to give us a message before it's too late..

~

"Hoshi, how do you feel? Do you remember why you're here?".

"Yeah" the girl replied groaning at the sudden pain in her head "I am here because you took me to take care of my wounds".

"And because you saved him" the woman looked to her right where a boy with black hair and green roots was standing, watching the girl on the floor a little concerned "Thank you, you have my deepest gratitude".

Hours? Days? Weeks? Months? She couldn't remember how long she's been sleeping, the memories of what had happened before she passed out were hidden by a fog in her mind as the only thing she remembered was covering the boy with her own body to protect him.

The girl still on the floor smiled, feeling how her fangs were bigger than before and tickling her lower lip, her nails now longer and sharper as claws touching the futon below her body.

She had risked her life to save a demon from the sun, still with open wounds around her chest, broken ribs and a pierced lung from a previous fight. At the brink of death another one willing to take her in and save her with the condition to lose her humanity.

The woman explained carefully and tenderly so she could understand everything the girl had to give up to stay alive, how no matter time passed she would look the same age as she was the moment she was going to transform.

Giving up her youth by the age of twenty three years old..

A deal she accepted as the sin she endured. The exchange of blood that kept her living again.

Holding on the woman's hand with a kind smile that make her cry as she never thought a human would look at her with so much kindness and sorrow, tightening the grip as if the girl tried to reassurance the woman that everything was alright.

"A life for a life.."

~

That morning while Tamayo, Yushiro and Hoshi were staying in the basement and preparing themselves to part, Tanjiro arrived were Tomioka was in the forest thanks to his crow whom found him midair and guided him.

It's been a long time since they saw each other, the burgundy haired kid recalling the moment he thought the Water Hashira was going take his sister's life with the sword. He was still so young and innocent, with almost no information about demons.