Chapter 6

When I was still mastering The Breath of Water, my master would told me everything he knew about demons so I could survive during my future missions as a Demon Slayer.

At first, I was scared to fight and kill a living being; it wasn't my nature to even get in trouble and maybe that's why kids would make fun of me when I said I wanted to defeat demons and help people.

However, my master didn't seem to matter about my kind demeanor and helped me to master all the breathing forms he knew and in just a year I managed to go to the Final Selection.

Even if I killed demons then and there, in my heart there was this odd sensation.

Because, somehow I feel pity about those creatures; someone who can't go out when they want, someone who has to kill to survive, someone who needs the nutrients of someone weaker than them..

Someone who used to be a human..

It sounds like living a nightmare while being awake forever..

Still, the ones who have tried to think with their heart have been killed in front of me for trying to help demons that never asked for aid in the first place.

I wonder, if there are nice demons out there.

There must be.. Just like there are bad humans..

Now, as The Water Hashira; I still feel this sorrow as if something about them is resonating deep within me.

As if..

There's something I need from them..

~

Natagumo Mt, a place where many demons slayers had gone and no one returned; such a dark aura from that mountain was enough for the head of the Demon Slayer Corps to send Tomioka Giyū and Kocho Shinobu to aid the ones that headed there for their own missions.

Something so horrifying must had been work of someone close to Kibutsuji Muzan, as close to have more of his blood than the regular demons this world had to see every night..

"STOP CRYING AND MOVE YOUR ASS" spouted Inosuke staring at the mountain in front of them as Zenitsu was crawling on the ground begging for them to stop.

"I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE, ITS GIVING ME A WEIRD VIBE OKAY?!" Zenitsu screamed in fear, wiping his own tears as Chuntaro only sighed sitting on top of his head.

CHU!

"Come on, Zenitsu. The crows gave us this mission so we need to head there, as Demon Slayers it's our duty to protect people" Tanjiro said kindly trying to change his friend's mind.

"Don't mind him, he's creepy" murmured Inosuke to the Kamado boy  as they both stared at the Thunder Breathing user.

"I'M COMPLETELY NORMAL, YOU GUYS ARE THE CREEPY ONES FOR NOT GETTING SCARED"

Before they could continue the conversation, the scent of fear stroke in the air; making Tanjiro ran towards the base of the mountain just to witnessed a boy wearing their uniforms soon to be dragged back to Natagumo Mt.

The scream so unsettling it sent chills to Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

"Let's go" said Tanjiro while Inosuke ran behind him.