Chapter 10

"It's a beautiful morning that we have today, this must mean that some kids accomplished the final selection exam; am I right, Hanakawa?"

Under the beautiful and warm rays of the sun, kneeling on the grass a man almost blind asked to his beloved crow, for a familiar ritual.

"Yes, Master. We have a couple of new children under our care now, seven to be exact and one of them being a girl" the crow explained.

The master, lowered his ponytail and flashed a smile for the animal.

A family tradition that has passed for the oldest children, generations and generations of Masters who promised to defeat the king of demons by recruiting swordsmen.

Each year, the promised grew stronger and even the retired ones took this job as their life to teach children their knowledge.

To defeat him once and for all..

"A female swordsmen, I see" standing up and going inside to his state, the blind human took a paper from the table "Hopefully, she will go further than her previous sisters".

Taking the small bottle of ink, to write the words that shall never be forgotten.

"What is the name of my new daughter?".

~

"I refuse to accept a Hashira would agreed on becoming a demon" spoke a voice with such anger anyone could feel the venom exiting their mouth.

Tanjiro turned his head to meet Shinazugawa's deadly glare at the demon previously known as Hoshi, his tracks nearing both of them and immediately sending an alarm through the Kamado boy's body.

It was instinct, not as a demon slayer but as a friend when he stood up in front of the demon like a shield as soon as he noticed the Wind Hashira walking towards them.

"Let him" a soft and tender whisper "Let him get closer".

"L/N-san.." Tanjiro's broken voice hurt Kanroji who was still there with the rest of the swordsmen watching the scene.

Two Hashiraa share glances at each other as soon as they heard the demon accept Shinazugawa to get near her, and even if Tanjiro took it as a death wish; they were trying to see if her intentions were real in that matter.

Tomioka was far away from the group still listening to all the commotion. It was obvious that such confession was going to be "hard to digest" for some of them, specially the ones with little to zero empathy or tact. Of course, Kanroji was the first one to accept the new, or well.. old Hashira, Kocho was decoding the body languages more than participating in the debate.

Oyakata-sama and his family were just there, leaving their "children" to handle the situation on their own.

"You think I am going to acknowledge the human form that you no longer have? You don't have such name anymore, for what I can tell you're just a human-eating monster" the man covered in scares kept talking in a one-way conversation.

Tanjiro had to fight the urge to punch the swordman in the face, taking those words seriously as he was badmouthing a woman.