Chapter 4

"Come on Y/N! The fireworks are going to start pretty soon and I don't want to miss them!" echoed a voice in the forest.

"I really don't like this yukata, why didn't you let me change it?!" declared the girl while staring at the fabric that wrapped her body.

It wasn't her favorite color and she didn't want to be seen wearing something she didn't find suitable for her.

"Y/N, you look nice" answered the person walking to her "I'm sorry you couldn't buy the one you liked"

Ah yeah, Y/N saw a beautiful navy blue yukata once and knew it was the one she wanted to wear for the fireworks until another woman arrived earlier with the money and bought it..

It wasn't supposed to be a big deal, but after she saw it she couldn't think about anything but that yukata, because she was finally able to see the fireworks out of her house.

And now she was there, achieving her childish dream wearing something she didn't like.

But she was smiling anyway, actually; she had the warmest smile plastered on her face.

"Why so happy out of the sudden?" asked the person helping her reach the top of the forest to witness the fireworks without interruptions nor anything blocking the view.

The were loud and beautiful, the colors illuminating the night and their forms, from purple to blue and from blue to teal.

Both of them stayed quiet and in awe admiring them.

"It's my first time watching the fireworks with a friend"

The person turned their head to the side but Y/N was lost in the breathtaking view on the sky.

They knew all she wanted was someone who she can trust and have a nice friendship.

All she wished for was not to be left alone.

"We can buy a beautiful yukata for next year and a hairpin that matches" they murmured as their eyes watched the now colorful heaven.

"Promise?"

She didn't know why she asked that, it was a routine that her friend was already used to, even if they have been friends for five years; it was as if Y/N was afraid that one day they would decide to leave her.

Even if it wasn't the case, she was always prepared if her friend one day despised her.

"How can you even dare to ask me if I promise that?! Of course I promise!" spouted the other person groaning and then smiling to show that their anger was fake.

They didn't bother her lack of insecurity because they knew there was a reason, even if she didn't want to word it out loud; they knew that it wasn't her fault.

Y/N wasn't what anyone would call "a beauty among beauties" but it was her personality that made everyone wanting to be around her, there was some sort of shine around her that people loved.

The fireworks were loud, but that didn't bother them; it was a sight to behold as they seemed to dance with the stars and the full moon.

Eventually their other friends came to to the secret spot to witness the colorful event that everyone waits for every year but this time they were all together to share this moment, the moon at the sky witnessing their strong friendship.

The next year, Y/N's best friend did buy a nice yukata for her and the rest of her friends got her a hairpin that matched the wonderful piece of fabric.