Chapter 11

"L/N-sama, here are some flowers for breakfast!" Greeted one of the youngest girls with a basket full of flowers

"You already told us only the petals will suffice but they seem to enjoy picking them up anyway" the girl with blue eyes informed deadpanned at the memory of the three girls picking up the prettiest flowers for one hour straight.

A little embarrassed by all the work they had done, Y/N nodded and thanked for the meal as she started eating a few, making the little girls gasp.

"She's just eating, let her be.." Aoi asked a tad pity that Y/N was feeling judged even at eating "So, we shall get going to train the boys so come on!".

Unaware that someone else was eavesdropping the conversation.

"WHAT?! YOU MEAN THAT L/N-SAN IS NOT TRAINING WITH US?!" the voice of Zenitsu was heard at the door, still in his white clothing as he was recovering from being poisoned "WHY IS SHE GETTING THE GOOD TREATMENT?! THIS IS FAVORITISM! FAVORITISM I SAY!".

"L/N-san, is a demon that heals on her own, she doesn't need training to regain energy only flowers" Aoi explained to Zenitsu whom refused to accept the excuse.

"THAT MAKES NO SENSE-"

"Why is everyone yelling?" A new voice startled them, specially Y/N after she saw who asked the question.

At the door, there was Inosuke tired physically and mentally, speaking almost in a whisper instead of his usual loud self.

Y/N widened her eyes at the sight, that couldn't be the same boy she met not so long ago.

What happened to him?!

"Let's go" said Aoi dragging both boys with her out of Y/N's room with the little girls.

Walking inside the room, touching the furniture as her claws make a characteristic sound against the wood, unable to look outside the window until the sun set down. Closing her eyes for a moment to listen to her breathing, the smell of her room, in a slow motion as her lungs were filled with air to release it later.

I'm back, but what now?

"Koji, what should I do?" A murmur, begging for an answer to someone she already lost.

Sitting on the edge of her bed, covering her face as images of her life passed by, from her youth, as a demon slayer and as a demon herself.

Gritting her teeth in anger, angry for not knowing what to do, disappointed on herself for not feeling a connection to anything that once was hers.

Not feeling part of the demons.

Not feeling part of the humans.

Not feeling part of the Demon Slayer Corps.

Like a creature waiting to be discovered, hiding under her skin as she couldn't recognize her own reflection. Physically here yet mentally she was far away from anyone's reach including herself.

The feeling was terrifying, not knowing where to belong, and not feeling that bond to the things that should be you by right.

Lost.

Alone.

While she was in the mountain she didn't have to think about it, she just helped people like a routine, no one talked to her, she didn't worry about establishing a conversation with no one, she was tranquil, her only job was not to be discovered.

Helping Tamayo and Yushiro, recollecting information as the demon doctor kept working on a antidote, that was all she did.

Helping.