The Call

A/N: So... uh... hi. I'm back. I have early college classes, so... but here I am.

Izuku Midoriya:

Level: 6

Strength: 6

Vitality: 6

Agility: 6

Intelligence: 6

Sense: 6

[Mana: 1,000,000/1,000,000]

[HP: 200,120/200,120]

[Shadows saved: 3,124,695]

Izuku hummed, staring at the System screen. "Why can't I see my memories? What happened?"

As he was lost in thought, a small, round, and bouncy sky blue ball sped towards Izuku, seemingly hoping to catch him off guard. And yet, while mumbling, his fist punched through the body of the ball, grabbing the core, and promptly crushing it between his fingers. Dozens upon dozens of these monsters attacked him, but he always killed them in the same manner.

Mania stood on the side, watching with slight awe, somewhat amazed by his ability to be so out of it, while being able to kill everything trying to harm his body.

"Is... Is this what he was like before becoming a primordial? Or did he gain this ability when he evolved?"

"Hey, Mania? Do you think that my fight with Antares messed with my head, and that's why I don't remember anything?"

Mania hummed to herself, thinking about the answer to the question.

"Certainly, it is possible, but I would not agree with that conclusion fully. There is also the fact that you happened to be... what is the word... born, for lack of a better term, in the void. If what you say is true, and you have been reincarnated into a primordial, then you may have lost some memories in the soul transfer from body to body."

Izuku sat down, surrounded in sticky slime and the core powder. "How... soul... would that be the same as a conscience?"

"...Yes and no. The soul gives the ability to be aware and self thinking, also being conscious, but it also give you the ability to live for as long as the soul is around." Clearing a small area next to Izuku, Mania sat down, tucking the black, long, and flowy gown she wore under her. "Every animal and insect has a consciousness. It's only certain species, which even we primordials do not know, that eventually gain souls. We do not know when it truly started, but evolving species have been gaining souls for eons. We do not know why it happens, or how, but it occurs. It would be, in your world's terms, supernatural."

"So, humans, and other alien species, gain a soul after millions upon millions of years of evolution? Why?"

Mania only shrugged, also just as lost.

"I do not know. I daresay even the Absolute Being himself doesn't know. As long as humans do not gain the ability to be immortal, I do not care. As long as there is death, I become stronger. I also do not starve."

"I guess the path of evolution would be in your favor, huh?"

"If there is death, everything is in my favor." With a calm yet terrifying smile, the true God of Death sighed. "This is... relatively peaceful for a dungeon, isn't it?"

"Yeah. It's strange, right? Normally, things would be coming to kill us every second... well, everything about this Gate is strange, though."

Inside the Gate was relatively calm, aside from the fact that hordes of slimes randomly decide to attack. Even with being in the Gate for less than an hour, they haven't faced any other monsters, much less any sentient life.