PROLOGUE

A deafening sound reverberated as a monstrous explosion ablazed with red, yellow and black colors destroyed the forest floor and river in the land of Kirigakure. Prickling cold water from the tributary showered upon the shinobis that are fighting in the middle of the man-made crater.

A critically wounded sun-kissed blonde shinobi is splayed in the arms of a worried pink haired medic-nin. She was giving it her all to heal the grievous and dreadful wounds that her teammate suffered from the explosion. Tapping on her yin seal, black intricate lines travel all over her body as she stares at the man in front, gracing him with her raging emerald eyes.

It's not supposed to happen this way.

It was half of Team Seven vs Team Hebi and despite their rigorous training and strong will to get their old team member to come home, it was all for naught. The Uchiha was already closed off, his will already detached from the past and never coming back. His eyes that bare the mangekyou sharingan, as if screaming that all of their efforts are in vain, clearly reflects his goal and resolution as he held the rosette's furious eyes.

Passion and love was still evident regardless of her seething gaze. Even though many years have passed and how many times he betrayed the rosette, he could still see and feel it, very loud and clear since the day they met.

But this has to stop.

It has to stop.

The Uchiha's goal is to seek revenge for his brother and that is to put an end to Konoha. And he will start that by destroying any lingering connections he had left in that country. He charge an ample amount of Chidori in his left hand and fused it with Amaterasu letting everyone know his full resolve. Sasuke aimed his hand in front of him centering it on the medic-nin's face.

Sakura knows what he's doing but she cannot let him kill her and Naruto. The jinchuriki is in bad shape but she was able to heal his wounds properly thanks to Kurama's help. She just needs to think of a way on how to avoid this upcoming murderous attack.

"Sasuke-kun."

He twitched.

An involuntary movement that he always dreaded every time this pink haired woman mentions his name, as if it's some kind of hypnotizing chant that makes him hesitate his purpose.

It needs to end.

"You don't need to do this, Sasuke-kun. Come home with us." She pleaded.

Shut up.

"We can help you. We will always be here to help you, whatever your goal is. We don't need to have this senseless fight, we're your family, Sasuke-kun."

Family, huh? I once thought of you guys that way, but it was all in the past.

"Please come home." Her green doe eyes started to quiver. Begging that he would listen and stop this insanity. All she ever wanted was for team seven to be together again and to make Sasuke come home, where he truly belongs.

"I love you and I promise with all my life, I can make you happy, Sasuke-kun."

Lightning strikes along with an ear-splitting thunder in the sea of inky clouds, signaling of an upcoming storm. Sasuke cocked his head on the side gracing the rosette with his all knowing smirk, paired with his blazing scarlet eyes as the dark pinwheels started to move clockwise.

"You are always annoying." He pursed his lips together as he look at her with eyes void of emotion. "Let me get this straight Sakura. The dobe and you are not special to me. We are not family. My family already died during the massacre and the only true family that I have left died by my hands. So I suggest you stop fantasizing about you and me because there is no us. I do not care about you and most of all I do not love you, so you can't make me happy."

It was the first time in years that she heard Sasuke speak so much and the words were venom and lethal, like the deadliest poison ever concocted. The pain slithered down to her heart, putting an end to her almost undying feelings as salty water treak down her face while she watched Sasuke release his jutsu.

Sapphire light illuminated her vision, not minding the reverberating screeching of streiks of lightning getting loader by the second, because all she hear is her heart pounding loudly which seems to swell like a mallet and swings against her ribcage, like a death row convict waiting for the executioner to give the final push to butcher her heart and feelings, as if it wasn't even broken to begin with.

She saw the man that she loved turn his back on her and walk away. Her tears were unstoppable, as she hugged the unconscious Naruto tightly while ignoring the pain caused by the combined jutsu of  Chidori and Amaterasu that slowly devoured them.

It was the most agonizing death that Sakura experienced.

And she doesn't deserve it.