Chapter 1 -- Another | Chance

Sun rays peek between the closed white curtain and it gently caresses her pale white slumbering face. She unconsciously turn towards it, which she instantly regretted. She unwillingly flutters her long thick lashes, internally cursing the adversary to give her a few more minutes of sleep.

She was tired.

Too tired to get up and would readily make love to her comfortable soft bed with flocculent enormous pillows that gently embraced her head all night long.

Soft hushed footsteps course through the room, skillfully maneuvering its way around the bed. Curtains were gently opened that made the sleeping lady crunched her brows together, as the golden rays showered the room. And a sweet honey lemon scent danced teasingly around her nose that help her jade like eyes promptly open.

She blink.

Seeing a familiar person standing near the window, she wonders why the woman is dressed foreignly. She was wearing a long black dress and a white apron with gold embroidery, with a family crest that she's unfamiliar with. Her coffee-colored hair was tied into twin buns. She smiled as her pallid eyes sparkled, she put her hands together in front and bowed her head to greet her.

"Good morning, Milady."

She blink again.

Arising half of her body, her rosette curls flow effortlessly in front of her shoulders as she takes in the unfamiliar scene.

Why is she here? And why is she acting strangely? She thought, unable to contain her curiosity, as she raised an eyebrow. She's spouting peculiar words too.

"It's Duchess, Tenten." said another person.

The rosette almost snapped her neck when she looked hurriedly in front to catch sight of the owner of the voice. She wasn't able to notice her presence and that disturbed her, especially that it is a disgrace in her line of work. She's a well renowned kunoichi. Feeling once presence in a certain radius is like breathing air, but this woman is different. She was able to conceal her presence and caught her off guard.

That was odd.

Gleaming emerald eyes observe the woman. She looks like she is in her early-thirties, a fair-skinned woman of slender build. Ebony hair tied neatly in a ponytail, bangs may look untamed but compliments her semi-oval shaped face. Ruby eyes glistened as she poustly poured the sweet smelling tea that woke her up earlier. She's wearing the same outfit, the black dress and an apron. But there's a golden brooch pinned on her left chest.

Her eyes widened as the rosette's deduction thoughts came to an end. Isn't she Kurenai sensei?

"How many times do I have to tell you that you shouldn't address her as Milady." Ruby eyes were narrowed as she scolded Tenten. "The Duke and the Duchess have been married for four months now. It is only appropriate to address the Duchess using her new title. It is the proper etiquette."

The coffee-colored hair maid was alarmed and embarrassed. She bowed to the woman, fleetingly numerous to ask for forgiveness. "I deeply apologize, Miss Scarlet. Old habits die hard as I have been with the Duchess since we were young."

The rosette was honestly confused and bothered. What is going on? They have been acting very strangely since I woke up in this fancy room. Is this some kind of genjutsu? 

The rosette lift her arms and clasp her hands together, keeping her fingers and thumbs pointed out.

"Kai!" she shouted