Chapter 2 -- Warm | Soul

The pale crescent moon shined like a silvery claw in the night sky. A parade of amble, strong, and alluring horses entered the main gates of the Dukedom. As they near the castle, an attendant with silver spiky hair awaits them at the entrance. Half of his face covered in a black mask, only showing his squinted eyes, signaling that he is delighted that the Lord of the house was able to come home safe and sound.

The black horse halted gracefully and sniff the silver haired man to show its familiarity, while the man riding it just stared at the attendant with his peerless obsidian orbs menacingly, his chin held high, and his ebony spikey locks shining brightly with the evening sky, while long bangs angled slightly covering his right eye. He was wearing a coal black military uniform with gold trimmings, with Swiss knot piping on his cuff and braid frogging across his chest, while his left shoulder is adorned with aurum epaulettes. His right chest is embellished with medals that signify his rank and a thick exorbitant belt around his waist, while a royal blue cape semi-covers his right arm.

The attendant bowed respectfully "I am pleased that you are back safely, Milord. I presume that you were able to obliterate the barbarians at the west borders in merely four months. You set another new record from last year's skirmish of the west."

"Tch."

"I applaud your utmost competence, Your Majesty." he gingerly added.

"Not really." One of the cavalry spoke up. "The Lord was so overbearing that we didn't even get to rest." A teenage boy with wide purple eyes, and semi-long silver hair, proudly wearing the knight black and blue uniform of the Ducal house. It makes you wonder how skillful he is to be a part of the Grand Duke's cavalry at a young age.

"Suigetsu is right." A young man with slanted blue eyes and long golden blond hair which he tied into a half ponytail with the rest hanging down freely covering his right eye, second the motion. "He was like a demonic beast that slaughtered the barbarians without even giving them a chance to retaliate. He ordered us non stop, slicing and killing everyday for months. Heck, we didn't even get to take a bath or eat a decent meal before returning to the castle. It's like we were chased by time or some sort that we have to finish the expedition before spring. It was hell, Kakashi! I tell you!"

"Anything else you want to add, Sir Deidara?" The Grand Duke threatenly asked. Using the knight's formal name as his eyes glower to the young blonde. Deidara gulped as he gestured to zip his mouth shut. Afraid to be punished by his master.

Kakashi, the attendant chuckled by the man's animated story. And it was not hard to imagine how much they suffered because knowing his master he is that type of man.

"Konan, lead the cavalry to the stable and feed the horses, after that you may get your long awaited rest."

The only female knight in the cavalry nodded. She have pale skin, short-straight blue hair with a bun on top of her head, grey eyes with lavender eyeshadow, and a labret piercing. She lifts her hand, signaling the team to disperse themselves to the designated destination.

The Grand Duke dismounted his horse dashingly, like the God of the underworld ready to grace his realm with his enamore presence. Though he grimaced when he saw that his trusty attendant is still smiling at him nonchalantly despite half of his face being covered.

"What happened?" he demanded.

"Nothing that you need to be concerned about, Milord." The silver haired attendant mysteriously started. "We just encountered some appalling scenarios with the Madame."