Chapter 4 - Bland | Aggressive (Lime)

Love is a strange word and it is something difficult to give coming from Sasuke Uchiha, even though their family have a great history known, that they are people greatly devoted to love and friendship, yet the Grand Duke, ever since the tragedy fell upon the family thirteen years ago, tends to conceal his affectionate traits and concentrated his whole life in protecting the Dukedom and finding his lost elder brother that he had a hard time believing that the said Uchiha already ceased to exist.

He had a list of people that are under his suspicion but lacks the evidence and the authority to execute his plans, especially that he needs to have a great deal of power and gaining the Grand Duke title is just the first step. He admits that it was an unorthodox way, and though he may not show it, his conscience starts to slither thinking that he's using the Marquess's daughter for his own gains.

She was the best choice. It's an equivalent exchange, that's what he keeps saying to push his moral sense out.

Sakura Haruno now Sakura Uchiha, an existence that he plans to have little to no interaction with but fails to cope. He doesn't want to admit that Kakashi was right, but he barely knew the lady so he has nothing to compare with. He knows she's frail, timid and has an abusive trauma, the reason why she can't maintain eye contact and tends to shake as if afraid of any derogatory remarks even though he wasn't saying anything.

They were only together for a week before he was sent out on a skirmish to the West. And that whole week, he barely saw her. He was busy with his duties and was stuck in his study trying to finish the documents that needed his attention along with his status change before departing, while she was completely doing her end of the bargain, living quietly and minding her own business. But now that he's back, he's seeing different sides of her. Showing liberal acts of affection and blurting out promises that he heard the first time. Promises that are almost close to a confession.

It was strange but Sasuke was intrigued. Grabbing her back to bed and hovering above her is already against proper bed etiquette of the nobles and surprisingly his wife just asked him if something was wrong. Her astonished emerald eyes held his, the very same eyes that greeted him with the same intensity of tenderness.

"Surprised?" He teasingly asked with a smirk that earned him a bashful blush from his wife.

"A bit, but when did you get back last night?"

Apparently the Grand Duke was the one who was even more surprised. "Were you expecting me?"

"Are you not my husband? Don't we sleep in the same room?"

"According to our contract, yes and yes." He slip a few strands of her hair to the side that covered a fraction of her face. "I didn't know that the Haruno's also practice old traditions that are only known in the Uchiha family."

Sakura runs her tongue over her lips. Crap. I forgot, I'm in a different world. Normal things I know do not apply here. "I was asking because I was confirming our contract. And as stated the Uchiha Dukedom needs an heir." She blushed more as she finished her sentence hoping it was a good save from her little slip.

"Enthusiastic are we?" He taunted some more. "I didn't know my wife had the audacity to be proactive."

The rosette is nearly the same color as his favorite fruit, a sight that he couldn't believe that he was able to gaze at. And when she bites her lower lip anxiously, sandwiching it between her canines, something in him feels skittish as he keeps staring at those luscious lips to the point where the ravenette unconsciously plunges down to capture the red fruit.