Roses-Daitana

Ship: Daichi x Tanaka

Word count: 998

Prompt: Tanaka keeps finding roses with he's name on from a mysterious person

—————————

"Another one?" Tanaka said walking over to he's bag, a red rose placed onto of it.

"Another what?" Asahi asked walking into the clubroom seconds after him.

It was the middle of practice and team were having a break, the wing-spiker and teams ace had gone back to the club room to get something from their bags. "Another rose. I've been finding them everywhere, all of them have a note on addressed to me. I have no idea who's leaving them though" Ryū explained, holding up the flower. A small note was indeed attached to the stem.

"that's weird...What colour have the roses been?" The ace asked Turing he's full attention to the other.

"Umm...all different colours. blue, green, purple, orange and now red...why'd you ask?" Tanka listed all the types of roses he had found throughout the week.

"Different colours of roses have different meanings. All the roses you've been given all mean something along the lines of loving or admiring the person you give it too" Asahi explained, grabbing he's water bottle from a shelf.

"Love and admiration, huh?" he mumbled twisting the flower in between his fingers. If he was honest with himself tanaka secretly hoped the gestures were from a certain someone, that's not Kiyoko to the surprise of others. The future ace had always been open about how he loved roses, no matter how much he got teased about it.

"Yep...I guess you have a secret admire. I'm going to head back to the gym, see you in a minute" Azumane said before walking away, leaving the second year alone with he's thoughts.

'maybe it is...oh who am I kidding! I highly doubt he's ever like me back...' a frown formed on tanaka's face as negative thoughts flew around he's head. looking back down at the rose sadly he realised he hadn't read the note.

"Meet me in the school garden after your volleyball practice"

-Unknown

Ironic isn't it? 'unknown' was the only thing he actually knew about this person. Ryū sighed before getting he's water bottle and leaving the room, he still had practice to finish.

The rest of practice Tanaka's thoughts weren't on volleyball but instead on the mysterious person, he kept zoning out and making basic mistakes from not concentrating. This unusual behaviour did not go unnoticed by he's team mates, but they decided to keep quite thanks to the convincing of Daichi.

꧁𑁍꧂

Practice finished and the second year wing-spiker was the first out the door, he had to know who this mystery person was. Tanaka arrived at the school garden only to find it was empty. "what the-? Was this some kind of joke?!" He shouted, incase anyone was hiding ready to jump out and scare him. He knows he shouldn't jump to conclusions but he can't help it, why go through so much trouble with the roses only to not be there? 'Did I overthink everything for this just to be a sick joke?' he thought looking at the rose. "who am I kidding...why would anyone confess to me? I'm nothing special" he chuckled looking at the ground a smile full of pain present on he's face.

"You know it's not good to lie" an oh so familiar voice said from behind him. Ryū spun around to reveal Daichi standing behind him in a suit and a bunch of roses in he's hands. "sorry I'm late...I didn't think you'd be so quick in getting here" He explained sheepishly.

"what...? you're the one who left the roses" Tanaka questioned he's captain. Shock overwhelming him.

"You said they were your favourite. Umm these are for you" Daichi said adverting he's gaze to the floor while holding out the bouquet.

"I-i thank you" The second year cautiously took the bunch, smelling them slightly. "But why...?"

The third year chuckled lightly and looked at he's underclassman with a sweet smile. "Isn't it obvious?" the buzzcut boy shook he's head 'no'. Daichi walked towards Tanaka, and cupped he's cheek gently. "Tanaka, I like you"

Deep brown eyes stared into stone grey ones. "You said it yourself Daichi...It's bad to lie" Tanaka reluctantly moved the brunette's hand away from he's face, as much as he longed for the captain's touch he couldn't have it. It wasn't he's. He stepped away from the taller male, tears welling in he's eyes. "Please don't play with me" he whispered, and begging to walk away.

A strong hand grabbed he's pulling him back so he was face to face with Daichi, their bodies pressed together. "I'm not playing with you" Daichi gently whipped the tears off Ryū's cheek. "Ta- Ryūnosuke I really do like you" Being called by he's first name startled the younger of the two, the captain had never called him that before.

"Daichi please-" He was cut off by a kiss, and to Daichi's surprise Tanaka kissed back almost instantly. A kiss so unexpected yet so passionate, soft lips against rough. The second years arms make their way up Daichi's body and around he's neck bouquet still in hand, as the others snaked around he's waist. They soon pull apart for air. "Daichi I-"

"Shhh, please believe me..." He interrupted in a hushed voiced, All the second year could do was nod while holding back tears. The sincerity in the older males voice, the pain shown in he's eyes didn't go unnoticed by Tanaka. It hurt him to see the captain like this, he knew Daichi wasn't the type of person to lie to him but all that was running through he's mind was them thoughts. The thoughts that cause him pain, the ones he pushes down. He did the unexpected, he let the tears fall. They streamed down he's face out of both pain and joy.

"ok...I believe you" Tanaka barely chocked out, fresh tears still falling.

"Tanaka Ryūnosuke will you be my boyfriend?"

"I- Of course I will Daichi Sawamura"

—————————

This one was quite long, who else should I do?

-M🌹