10 // start of something new

I woke up to a no caller ringing my phone
"Hello" I answered
"Hello is this Taylor Johnson?"
"Yes it is"
"It's Linda from the rock cafe you came for an interview a week ago and I was just seeing if you'd be able to start tomorrow at 8am"
"Yes I can do that thankyou so much"
"Great I'll see you then" she replied as she hung up
I got straight out of bed and jumped up and down in excitement and then ran out of my room to wake everyone else up to tell them my news, I was finally doing something for myself, everyone was so happy for me.

I finally had a job which meant I could save money for stuff I wanted and for what my family needed, I could finally save money to move out of this hell, this hell called home that had way too many bad memories, I could finally start my life, I could finally start helping out more until I started street fighting or even now maybe I didn't have to start it.

The rest of the day I got my stuff ready for my first day at work, Linda told me to just wear simple clothes black shirt and jeans until tomorrow she would give me the uniform, I rested for most of the day to get as much rest as I needed to have a good day ahead and before I knew it, it was time for my first day.

How nervous I was is an understatement, I ran around the whole house trying to get my shit organised even if I done it the day before, I wanted everything to be perfect today, I had a much needed shower and chucked my simple clothes on and made my way to work, I hope today goes well.

I took a few deep breathes before I made my way into my new job the rock cafe, people were already starting to show up and the staff hadn't even opened up properly just yet, I was hoping thag it would be a quiet day so I could learn more things with no pressure.

I walked into the little cafe my heart beating, there was this girl around my age at the counter cleaning up a little bit before people came in to get food or coffees, she had short light brown hair with light brown eyes, she looked pretty I'll admit, I walked up to the counter and said "hello my name is Taylor Johnson it's my first day"
"Ahh I've been waiting for you to arrive my name is Amy I'll lead you to where the boss is"
I nodded my head as she took me to Linda's office
"Taylor welcome" she said as we entered
"Thankyou" I replied
"Today you'll just learn the basics and Amy will stay with you to teach you those things and help you when you need"
"Okay thankyou" I replied as I followed Amy back out to the counter
"I'll show you around before we get started"
"Okay"
She walked up to a guy that looked like our eyes with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes and told him to watch out on the counter after that, she showed me the big kitchen, the staff room that had tables and chairs and even had lounges with a tv, she showed me where the bathrooms were and where a few other offices were, she talked to me about some simple things and rules I had to remember and then she handed me the uniform which was a black shirt and black tights and a name tag after that we walked back out to the counter and she showed me how to make coffees and a couple other drinks and started teaching me how to do things, it made me nervous to have to remember all these things.

She let me do a few things before I had to serve a customer and just my luck the first person I had to take their order from was Casey black, why was he here? Did he know it was my first day?
"Hello are you ready to order" I said as I walked up to his table
"I'll get the hamburger and chips sunshine"he said giving me a smirk
I rolled my eyes at him
"Is that any way to do your customer service"
"Is there anyway you can be less annoying?"
"Nope" he replied and I just walked away to go and put his order in and as if I couldn't of had anymore luck because they made me take his order to his table once it was ready but I took the plate of food happily just doing my job and took it over
"Here you go" I said placing the plate on the table
"How about a date after work?" He replied
"Can't sorry" I shrugged as I walked off to go back to my job, why did he want to go on a date with me? He had no interest in me and it was the same way around, the only reason why he was in my life was because his bestfriends with my brother and he lives next door.