Covering Up

Bucky's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Bang- Bullets hit my metal arm as I flinched and charged at the person shooting. They dodged me well but I gripped her hair and pulled her back onto the ground. Why. Why am I hurting this person..?I tackled them to the ground and pinned them there. I used his flesh arm to rip the mask off of the face to reveal a young girl. She was pretty. She had bright, glowing red hair and her face was brindled with freckles. Taken by surprised, my grip loosened. She quickly kicked me off and stood up. I tumbled over myself hitting a wall and bending over clutching my side. "Please!" She screamed. "You don't understand what you mean to him! Please!" I tilted my head to the sound and stood up slowly. "Who..?" I said sternly. "Playing mind games doesn't work kid. You killed millions." She shook her head no and started turn away. I stood up and tightened my hands. Anger flared inside me, but I don't know why. I launched myself at her and pulled her to the ground. She screamed and cried out for a name. I couldn't hear the name though...

"SAM!!!" She screamed "SAM PLEASE!!!" I froze. I couldn't move. My mind told me to, but I stayed still. "Sam.." I repeated. She kept squirming underneath me and I held onto her tight.Just then, a blurred out vision flew down and stumbled over. "BUCKY! BUCKY STOP!" The man ran towards us. My eye brows furrowed and I let go of the girl, sending her tumbling over herself and into the man's arms. He wrapped his arms around her and soothed her. "Karli...shhhh... shhhh It's okay..calm down..." He repeated. She sobbed into his chest and looked back at me. "He wouldn't listen Sam." 

I squinted confused and shocked as I tried to see the approaching figure. "Bucky." It said deeply. "Bucky, what the hell were you thinking?" I tried to speak but my voice didn't come out. I thought it was Steve. My heart pumped at that and I started to shake. He held his hand out and I looked it over before hesitantly grasping it. He pulled me up close to his face and I saw him. My eyes watered and my voice cracked. "Sam?" 

He had no emotion in his eyes. "Bucky..." I threw myself to him and we crashed to the ground. I cried out into his chest loudly. "Sam! Sam Please come back I'm sorry! Please, Oh God! Sam!" Tears streamed down my cheeks onto his uniform and I was shaking like I was a little kid who had gotten a clown scare. He lifted his chest and inhaled and exhaled loudly. "Bucky...shhhh...."He grabbed my face and pulled me into his face, wrapping me in his warm kiss. As soon as our lips touched, it went black. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I snapped straight up in a cold sweat. I looked around and exhaled. "Oh Sam, why'd I leave you...?" I put a hand on my forehead and layed back down. I closed my eyes but I didn't sleep. Visions of the dream flooded my head over and over again. After at least 13 minutes, I quickly stood up and put my jacket and pants on. I grabbed my keys and hurried out the door and onto the streets, sprinting to Zemo's hide out.