Brooklyn, New York

It was a windy morning on a Wednesday in Brooklyn, New York.

It's been five years since the death of your father, Tony. You tried to keep yourself occupied with your life in Brooklyn, but nothing seems to keep your mind off of it. You were lost, but you knew Tony would want you to keep fighting.

With Steve's death, your whole world just shut everyone out. You shut your mom out, even though it is not fair to her. You packed up your stuff and left, not saying a word to your mother. No goodbye letter, nothing.

Everyday you wake up, you try to think of someway of just calling your mom, Pepper. But, you weren't brave enough to do it.

Now, you live in a shitty apartment 5C on the fifth floor.

You dragged yourself out of bed and fixed it nicely. You tossed the pillows on the bed and sighed. You walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

You take out the orange juice and smell it. You grimaced as you placed it back into the fridge.

Your apartment was simple. It didn't look like it was lived there long because you never fully unpack. You always kept more than half packed inside your suitcase and your other things were just lying around with no special place to put them.

Heading to the bathroom, you put on deodorant and get ready for your daily morning run.

You let the cold water hit your tired face.

You touched your face up with a little makeup and placed on leggings and a old shirt that Steve gave to you awhile back. You open your closet door to find one pair of your workout shoes. You stare in the mirror and carcass the shirt.

You slipped your old socks on and your shoes and brushed your long, brown hair. You did a quick touch up and grab your phone, heading out of your apartment.

As you were heading to the elevator, your neighbors who change about every six months greet you and you shot them a dull hello. Except for the only person your age who lives on the sixth floor greets you with a hug and squeal.

"Y/N! Hey, a couple of us are going to Izzys tonight. Please come?" Her name is Kelly, and you've known her ever since you moved to Brooklyn. You two became pretty close. Sleepovers at both apartments, she knows you were an Avenger. Gossips. The basics in a friendship.

Right?

"Uh-" You stuttered and slid past her.

"Ah!" She grabbed your shoulder to get your attention. "Please? Some girls from my class invited me. I don't want to go alone." She begged, shooting you the puppy dog eyes.

You groan, "Fine. Sure." You smiled weakly as Kelly squealed again, giving you a quick kiss on your cheek.

The wind from outside hit your face. You breathed in heavily and enjoyed the air. You then begin your run down the busy street where everyone was heading to work.

Cars and taxis were passing, horns honking and pedestrians yelling. Typical day.

You greet couples with their children, singles who are just trying to get passed like you are, people walking their dogs and you help a couple of elders cross the street.

"Hi, Ms. Evergreen." You greet a elder who you always see on your run.

"Y/N! Well, isn't it my favorite human being." She joked as you grab her hand and her cane. You escort her to the other side.

"Now, you be careful." You pat her on the back and watch her waddle away.

You then reached a block with your favorite bakery. You walked into the bakery and the bell above you dings. You smell three days old of pastries but you didn't mind it. It still was your favorite.