Not afraid

You breathed out heavily, waking up on the couch in a hot sweat. You glance at the tiny clock and it was 2am.

You groan quietly, stretching. You turn your head to see Bucky on the floor, but sitting up right. You sit up on the couch, wondering what he was doing.

Shirtless, his metal left arm just sitting there as he was staring at the empty, cold walls.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Your voice was gruffly, as you swing your feet to touch the floor.

Bucky turns swiftly, "I didn't mean to wake you."

You stand up and stretch your arms, walking over to Bucky. You sit yourself down next to him and stare at him intensely, "That didn't answer my question."

Bucky doesn't answer you. All he does is just stare forward, lost in thought.

"Nightmares?" You whisper in a tender voice. With Bucky's facial expression, you could tell you were right. "Yeah, I have those too."

Bucky turned to you then glanced down.

"I'm seeing a therapist." Bucky randomly told you. You raise an eyebrow but you weren't surprised that he was.

"That's good. Are they helping?" You ask Bucky, concerned.

"She's a pain in my ass but yeah." Bucky honestly answered.

You nod, then get lost into staring at Bucky's metal arm. Bucky noticed and narrows his brows. He covers the arm with the blanket. "I'll just cover this up." Bucky says awkwardly.

"What? Why?" You questioned, nervously chuckling. "Bucky-" You take off the blanket on his arm. "I didn't mean-" You remind Bucky in a gentle and calm tone. "I'm not afraid."

"Why not? You should be, Y/N." Bucky shakes his head at you.

"I know you would never hurt me." You touch his metal arm gently as you were staring at Bucky's eyes, getting lost in the moment with him by you.

Bucky sighs heavily, "Past me did."

"Bucky-" You scoffed, wrapping your arms around your knees, "You have to stop judging yourself because of your past. It's not a healthy way to cope. Trust me, I-" You sighed out, trying to catch your breath. Bucky noticed how uneasy you were becoming. "Just trust me."

"You're not afraid of me?" Bucky asked you in a aghast tone.

In a non hesitant manner, you answered in a serious tone, "No." You stare into Bucky's dark eyes. "Never."

That word seemed to lighten up Bucky's shoulders. He sighed out heavily, staring back at the walls. "Okay." Bucky stretched his muscled arm and placed it on his back, scratching it nervously.

You stare back at the clock. 2:09.

"I'm sorry I woke you." Bucky apologized.

"I'm not." You stare at the walls and you could feel Bucky's eyes stare at you. You glanced at him quickly and stood yourself up. You placed your hand on Bucky's shoulder and dragged yourself over to the couch to lay back down.

You felt Bucky's eyes on you the whole time. He finally laid back down, staring up at the ceiling.

"Y/N." His voice was groggy.

"Yeah?"

There was a moment of silence, "Goodnight."