Gaining Karli's trust

Back on the streets, you, Zemo, Bucky and Sam walk down the sidewalk.

"Shame what's become of this place. When I was young, we used to come here for fabulous dinners and parties. I knew nothing of the politics of the time, of course, but I remember it being beautiful." Zemo admired the dirty and empty streets.

"I'm gonna take a look around upstairs. See what you can find out here." You glanced around the streets with street carts and people on bikes. "And keep an eye on him." You eyes Zemo, glaring at him.

"I'll stay out of your way." Zemo with his smart ass comments.

You walked up the stairs and down a hallway, seeing pedestrians and kids minding theirselves.

A man is announcing indistinctly on a PA.

You spot a kid, who by the looks of it was frightened out of his mind. "Hey, kid." You with your most gentle tone greets.

The kid doesn't even look at you. He runs into another room where you follow him and see a woman at a desk.

"Excuse me. You heard of Donya Madani?" You questioned her.

"Um... No." She shot up from her desk and ran out of the room. You tilted your head in confusion.

You then noticed a box with school supplies and paint with a handprint. You glance up and see someone else.

"Hey! Donya Madani? Hey, wait." You ran about three feet then stopped, not wanting to frighten them as much as they are now. You groan. "Shit."

Suddenly, you heard the doors locking. You turned back, intrigued.

You then scan the place some more and walked into another room, where a teacher was with three students, talking to one strangely.

"Excuse me." Your voice echoed through the room.

The teacher stood up, surprised.

"Do you know a woman by the name of Donya Madani?" You walked toward the teacher slowly. "She was a refugee here." Your eyes scanned the room.

"We're not refugees, for we have nothing to seek refuge from. We're internationally-displaced persons, for what it's worth, and we don't trust outsiders." The man stepped to the side.

"No, I understand. I'm not from here, but I have a pretty good track record of helping out." You smiled sweetly at him to let him know you don't mean any harm.

"I know what happens when people say they're going to help out. Nothing. The Global Repatriation Council promised to send more teachers, supplies. That was six months ago." The man scoffed.

"What's your name? Maybe I can make a call." Your voice was sincere. You wanted to help them so badly.

"I know who you are. But I can't trust you. I'm sorry. Let's go." The man picks up the child and heads out of the room.

You headed back down to the city, where you spot Zemo sitting at a round table, giving kids the candy he gave you back in the room. Your face turned puzzled as you see Bucky and Sam just watching him, more confused.

"It's starting to feel like a dead end." You came behind them with all you three staring at Zemo.

"The hell is he doing?" Bucky questioned, eyes narrowed.

Zemo stands and turns to you three, secretly. He then nods to the kids and seemingly like he is talking to them.

Zemo then turns his back and walks towards you. "Cute kids." Without stopping, he heads up to the room where you three follow him.