02 | Bug Girl

I groan as soon as the last beep went off

I groan as soon as the last beep went off. Thank the high heavens, this like 100 million hour ride was over. Who knew an elevator could be so complicated?

When the doors open I am more than eager to step out. I took the handle of my luggage and I walked away from the elevator, into the hallway.

Looking up, finally, I see the longest hallway I have ever seen. Vases and side tables scattered next to each door, illuminated by the chandeliers above. Some people walked in and out of doors, squealing girls, way to many hookups, and some were..crying?

Looking down at my info card, coming to a stop, I see I need to be in level 3. Check. Sector B? Not check. What is a sector?

"No, I am telling you it was a Isabella Tiger Moth! They didn't even know what they are talking about! Like a Monarch and an Isabella Tiger Moth look nothing alike." I turn seeing a girl in a sunflower yellow sundress, and white strappy heeled flip flops, hauling two luggages say to a girl next to her down the hall. Here blonde hair flowing over her shoulders, as she flailed her arms in order to prove how strongly she felt about the topic.

The girl next to here snorts "Adeline, not everyone is so passionate about bugs. I'm sure it was a mistake." She was a short asian girl, with silky black hair that ombre into a brown. She was wearing light washed denim mom jeans, a white ruffle tube top, and dirty white slip on vans.

Behind her she had two small luggages and a larger one of the bottom she was rolling around. "Exactly, Kit! It was a mistake! A huge mistake." The blonde one, which I assume is Adeline fumes.

I feel my card slip from my hand. Dammit. Letting go of my luggage I crouch down and pick it up from the carpeted hallway ground. Sector B, was bolded and highlighted in yellow on my info card. God I really need to ask someone for directions. Turning around although I am a little scared of the blonde girl, I walk towards the two girls.

They stop walking when they hear me stop in front of them. Clearing my throat awkwardly" I was just wondering if you guys could tell me where Sector B is?" I can feel a slight tremble in the back of my throat. They almost look surprised I'm talking to them. Their response was silence for a few seconds.

Nevermind then...

"Okay actually, forget I asked I'll just ask the front desk." I grab my luggage handle, and look away as I walk towards the elevator again.

Someone grabs my wrist I flinch. Turning around it's the blonde. "Hey, yeah sorry for earlier..um just people don't really do that anymore you know?" She kindly smiles.

It was genuine. I furrowed my brow, but not on purpose, I just don't know where she was going with this. She looked down and realized she was still holding onto my wrist. "Anyhow, we can walk you over there. Were in the same sector. "

I look over her shoulder to see the asian girl from before was behind her, scrolling through her phone. "Uhm, yeah thanks."

She smiled back in response. "Okay lets get going then, follow me." She turns and walks down the hallway as I follow.

:So, what's your name? I don't think I got it." She looked over to me as I caught up with my luggage following behind, so that we could be side by side.

"Yeah. I'm Dakota Lakes."

"Ooooh, talk about pretty names!" She squealed before continuing. "Anyhow, I'm Adeline Lune, and this is my best friend Kit Smith." She said pointing to the asian girl walking on the other side of her.

When she wouldn't look up from her phone, Adeline playfully smacked her shoulder. Looking up from her phone she starts "Yup, that's me." She says with fake enthusiasm, and smile, before turning back to face Adeline and rolling her eyes, immediately staring back down to her phone screen after.

When walking down the halls it was strange. I got a few questioning glances but that was normal so I brushed it off.

Though as we walked further down more hallways I start seeing people part paths for the girls.

See maybe that was nice courtesy in Miami, but we are on the Lawrence Academy Yacht. A boat filled with some of the most ill-mannered, entitled, rich brats in the city of Miami. No way would they actually do it out of pure kindness. Something about these girls was different, I could just feel it with the way people stared at them.

Spellbound by the way the breathed.

Adeline comes to a stop in front of two doors, with large white text saying 'Sector B'. I stopped behind her. Turning back to face me she says "Okay well here it is! Hope you memorized the path a little, but if not don't worry you can always ask me. I'll be at room B24 with some friends."

Kit beside her smacked her arm, making Adeline now face her, and gave her a glare practically asking Adeline what the hell she was doing.

"Uhm, well thank you so much for walking me here."

I turn to push through the doors, but before I get the chance the blond is talking again.

"Wait, have I seen you around here before? I don't recognize you, not that I recognize many people it's just I've never seen anyone with a scar like that on campus before."

Self consciously almost immediately I pull down my shit when she points out the jagged raised skin just left of my upper abdomen. "Uh-" I clear my throat, either girls awareness to how uncomfortable I just got at an absolute zero. "I'm on a scholarship, it's my first year."

A hand reaches out to my wrist. Looking up it's Adilene. "Wait, Oh my God! Sorry, this is just so freaking cool! You're a scholarship student? That's amazing, we like never get scholarship students anymore, that must mean you're smart right?"

She rambled before letting go of my hand, dropping all her luggage and pulling me into a hug. I'm tense.

Slowly and I'm sure embarrassingly I hug her back. After a few seconds, she pulls back so we are arms length away, with her hands still on my shoulders. "Okay listen here, Dakota was it? We will definitely need to catch up sometime." She grinned then thankfully let of my shoulders.

Grabbing her luggage she starts walking away towards the doors, with Kit following behind her.

Turning her head to see me ask she walks away she smiles whilst saying "Okay, how about you get settled down and maybe we can have brunch together? How about I come find you?" She giggled, before Kit grabbed onto her bicep and pulled her through the doors.

I don't even get a chance to answer before she's gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Not edited

Hey, so hopefully you guys are likling where this is going now!

What do you guys think of Adeline and Kit?

Also sorry that this yacht thing is so long, I wanted to finish it in this chapter but it was wayyyy to long, anyhow I promise we will see some more romance/flirting type things next chapter so get excited!

Please leave any criticism and feedback, thank again!

Much Love- Kaydence Reyes <3