08 | Encrypted

Stepping out of the yacht was like a breath of something fresh, relieving, and not at all the stench of sweaty drunk regrets

Stepping out of the yacht was like a breath of something fresh, relieving, and not at all the stench of sweaty drunk regrets. The amount of tension in that damn overpriced boat was suffocating. 

I'm ready to rid myself of what happened on the boat, completely start over and never again see the faces of any of those people. I don't know what unsettles me about them.

Maybe it was their wealth, their looks, or at least that the moral of the story I'm looking to see. Because somewhere dark inside me knows that what makes my skin crawl is the fact that I want to feel nothing at all, and they all seem to feel so much, or even worse make me feel...I'm not sure yet, and I don't plan on finding out.

I have done so well so far for the last two years of my life. Why it's so hard now is to much to think about at once. All I know is that coming from someone that has felt to much, sometimes it's better to not feel at all.

The island was not much different from what you would expect for something of the coast of Miami, remote, extra, and above all stereotypically large. Tropical trees, rocks, and flora danced along the pink sunrise above the white noise of crashing waves.

Now in front of the large campus of the pretentious Lawrence Academy, unraveled an unsettling nervousness in the pit of my stomach. The columns of white, golds, and forest greens encrusted the large building. Swarms of preppy snobs swirled in groups towards the doors, likely to do the same as me. Sign away their next year or years of education away stranded on private island.

Finally making it through the painful journey of concerned glares and flaming pains in my arms from trudging my suit case up the stairs, I walked through the open doors of pure privilege.

Inside the lobby stood daddy issues and first world problems in the form of spray tans, rolexes, and raybans. Immediately making my way to the front desk I see Nolia with a massive line in front of her looking quite stressed.

I find the first man at the front desk without anyone near him. I stand before the oak wood separating us.

Looking around I wait for the man before me to avert his eyes. "Excuse me, do you need something?" He cleared his throat causing him to pull at the neck of his dress shirt. 'Tidoues' read on his gold plated name tag. He seemed to be older, with a four o'clock shadow, and graying hairs dance in his dirty blonde bedhead hair.

"Yes, actually I was told to meet Mr.Lawrence in his office before settling into an academy house." Shaking his head in understanding he asks for my name. From there he handed me a student ID, a folder with my names on it, and a fake smile, sending me in the direction of the dean's office.

Walking down the marbled tiling I make to sharp lefts to an oak door with yet again, you guessed it, on a gold plate read ;Dean's Office; embedded into it. Knocking shapely a couple of times in rhythm I am greeted with a 5'8, thin, white haired man. With A full cleanly shaven face.