chapter 2 A New Majestic World

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds. The melody was ringing my ears when a loud angry voice took over.

"DANIELA! WAKE UP OTHERWISE YOU WILL MISS THE TRAIN!!"

I glanced at the clock. Oh my god! I was so late! I had only an hour to reach the station. I rushed towards my bathroom and stumbled inside which resulted in a little pain as I fell on the floor. Wow, what a great way to start the day! I did all my work as fast as I could and went downstairs. My whole family was waiting there for me. My parents were smiling with glee and their eyes were gleaming with tears as if to say 'my daughter grew up so fast'. My little perfect sister was standing just beside my parents. Her face was emotionless and stern as usual but I knew that there was pain hidden behind that face. Was she having those headaches again? I knew how painful those were. It all started when she was five years old. She was descending the stairs to have lunch when suddenly she started clutching her head and shrieking in pain. We heard her cry and went to help her. After reaching her we found her unconscious at the bottom of the stairs smeared in blood. She was immediately sent to St. Mungos. I eavesdropped on the healer and our parents. The healer told them something about curses when the colour drained from their faces. They knew something that I didn't and I was itching to know about it. When I got to meet my sister some moments later, I saw her cheeks were occupied by tears. She was in terrible pain. She had received a deep gash below her ear from a piece of glass when a flower vase crashed down along with her. I was shocked to see that none of the potions or spells was able to heal her cut completely. With great difficulty, they could stop the oozing blood and my sister was partially healed. From that day, one never saw Lihanna let a single drop of tear form in her eyes. The scar she carries till today became a symbol of bravery in her life. My trunk was loaded into the deck of our car as I seated myself beside my sister. My dad, drove us to the King's Cross station. We reached the station on time and had at least fifteen minutes to board the train. My trunk was too heavy to be carried by a fragile skinny girl like me.

"Need a hand?"

Two people said in unison. The voice was pretty familiar. I turned around only to find myself facing the twins.

"Oh! Uh......Hi, I was having a little trouble carrying it" I said.

"A little?"

"Trouble?"

I chuckled at their sarcasm as they lifted my trunk.

"Thank you, guys!" I exclaimed with gratitude.

"No problem!"

The ginger head boy who had my thoughts occupied for the last three days gave me a wink and left with his brother to have few words with his family. I glanced at my family and ran back to them embracing my parents in a warm hug. They kissed me on my forehead wishing me luck when my sister handed me a book.

"I was reading it last night but couldn't give it back to you, take care and write to me about Hogwarts."

"Sure I will send loads of letters to you but promise me that you will take care of yourself while I'm gone."

"Of course."

That was how our sweet family conversation ended and I boarded the train. The book that she gave was my potions book. I quickly kept it in my trunk. I waved a farewell to my family as the doors were closed and the train started moving. One thing that I learned after hopping on the train is to find a compartment as soon as possible. They were mostly filled. After checking numerous compartments I found one occupied by none other than the ginger head twins. They were seated facing each other.

"Hey! Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full."

"Yeah, sure!"

The younger twin said as he moved away from the window. I took the seat beside him and glanced at the window when I noticed the older twin staring at his brother with one of his eyebrows raised. The younger twin was suddenly interested in his hands.