chapter 3 My First Year

"Oi! Wake up sleepyhead."

The voice was very unfamiliar. I was pretty sure that wasn't my mom.

"Wake up! or else you will miss your breakfast!"

Breakfast? Oh no! I hate skipping food.

"It's okay I'm up."

"We have been trying to wake you up for the last ten minutes."

"Thank you, guys!"

After breakfast we had Herbology. Everything was fine except the way to our classes. The staircases and doors were so confusing that I almost decided not attending them. But luckily after getting pranked twice by Peeves, I found a way to reach the greenhouse. Transfiguration was quite interesting and even Professor McGonagall praised me. What I hated was the way Professor Snape treated the Gryffindor kids. A single mistake by us had severe punishments especially losing house points. Whereas he could amazingly ignore the explosions by the Slytherin kids. The reason behind some students' sudden change in hair colour, Snape's bad mood, Filch's constant screaming and our laughter was the notorious Weasley twins. The most dreadful of all was the homework. Perfect Percy Weasley being studious as always saw my hard work and said,

"If you want to get all twelve O.W.Ls you need to work harder than that."

"O.W.Ls?"

"Ordinary Wizarding Level."

"Isn't it in our fifth year?"

"Yes, but you need to start preparing now."

"I see."

That was such a riveting piece of information, truly life-changing for a person like me who has absolutely no clue about my future. All I wanted was a peaceful life and here I was sitting on a couch in our common room with a quill and a parchment writing an essay on Devil's Snare. But my peaceful moment didn't last long as two stupid ginger heads decided to burst through the door and sit on the sofa on either side of me.

"Oh Merlin's beard! Is the world ending? Homework? Here? Now? In the sacred halls of mischief and mayhem? By the way, which homework is it?"

"Oh, It's the Herbology essay on devil's snare. Quite fascinating, actually."

"Ah, the devil's snare essay can wait! We've got a whole two days left before submission. Let's leave the homework for the last minute, like true wizards! Just be careful not to turn into Percy with all this studying, alright?"

"Oh, come on, George! Percy may be studious, but he's got his ambitions, and I admire that. Besides, a little dedication to studies won't hurt."

"Come on, Ella, let loose and have some fun with us! Who needs homework when we've got the greatest team of troublemakers at Hogwarts?"

Yeah, Ella, my new nickname, thanks to the one and only lazy George. I guess he found my full name too much of a mouthful. All I could say was, George has terrible name-crafting skill.

"First of all, please don't tell me Filch is after you again, and you lot are up to some mischief, trying to dodge his clutches."

"That is-"

"Absolutely correct!"

"What mischief have you managed to conjure up this time?"

"Not a prank-"

"We stole something."

"Looks like a parchment."

"Seems a lot magical so-"

"We are gonna keep it."

"You mean to tell me that, you lot actually managed to steal a magical parchment from Filch's office? Oh, this time you've really outdone yourselves. You might as well bid farewell to your peaceful days."