chapter 10 A Quidditch Sensation

Oh no! I was late again! Did they already leave and go to the Quidditch field? I don't hear any cheers. Maybe the match hasn't started yet. I rushed into the locker room and found Angelina, Alicia and Fred all clad in their Quidditch robes while Lee was encouraging them. Catching my breath, I felt Angelina's questioning gaze on me.

"Late again Daniela? What held you up this time? A certain Ravenclaw?"

"Oh, Stop it! I was just finding my red scarf to boost your spirits! Check it out!"

I wave the scarf enthusiastically before draping it around my neck.

"Oh! What great moves! Impressive scarf-waving Ella!"

I turned around only to find the mischievous twin glancing down at me as he spoke. My heart fluttered a little at our proximity and just like every day, I started blushing. I couldn't help but admire how effortlessly charming he looked in his Quidditch robes. The huge confident smile on his face just added more fire to his already dashing look.

"George, mate, don't get too caught up in that red scarf waving! We've got a match to win, remember?"

"Oi, Fred! I hope you wouldn't get too distracted by a certain Gryffindor chaser! You might miss a Bludger coming your way!"

"Enough bickering, you two! And where is Harry?" said Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor keeper.

"I am here!"

A nervous voice squeaked out and as we turned around, we saw Harry holding his broom in his scarlet robes. Even in this fierce attire, Harry's face bore nervousness. Wood cleared his throat for silence.

"Okay, men," he said.

"And women," said Angelina.

"And women," Oliver agreed. "This is it."

"The big one," said Fred.

"The one we've all been waiting for," said George.

"We know Oliver's speech by heart," Fred told Harry, "We were on the team last year."

"Shut up, you two," said Oliver. "This is the best team Gryffindor's had in years. We're going to win. I know it."

He glared at them all as if to say, "Or else."

"Right. It's time. Good luck, all of you."

"Good luck, everyone!" I called out with a smile as I hurried back to the stands to watch the match.

I took my seat beside Lihanna in the stands. My heart was filled with excitement, and I started to wave my scarlet scarf. The entire stands were echoing with cheers as we all waited for the match.

"I wish I was studying right now instead of watching this match," Lihanna muttered.

"Ditch the books for a bit, Lily! Watching this match might be the perfect break you need. It's thrilling to watch as it is always unpredictable. Now, which team do you think will emerge victorious?"

"I think Slytherin will win the match. Harry is inexperienced, and catching the Snitch will be easier for Terence Higgs."

"It could be, but I have a feeling the Gryffindors might win this match. They haven't won the Cup for the last four years."

"Well, in that case, if the Gryffindors win, it would either be Harry's raw talent or the Slytherin's tough fate."

"You wanna bet? I'm pretty confident Gryffindor is going to take the win,"

"Fred and George seriously have a bad influence on you."

The two teams walked into the field while Madam Hooch, who was the referee, stood in the middle of the field with her broom in her hand.