chapter 7 Door to a Mystery

Lihanna,

It has been two weeks since you left for Hogwarts and there hasn't been a single letter from you. We were so worried about you! Thankfully Daniela wrote to us and we came to know about you. She wrote that you were sorted into Slytherin. I won't say that I am proud of you for being sorted into that house as you know Slytherin is the house of evil death eaters but I am not ashamed of you either. I hope you will prove your worth. Do study hard and stay focused on your goals. You also need to avoid associating with the Slytherins and avoid them as much as you can. You should also try to befriend Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. I heard from Arthur last week that Ron was sorted into Gryffindor and befriended Harry Potter. He was so happy and proud of his son. Daniela also told us that you are avoiding her. I want you to speak to her she will help you solve your problems. Your mother became very distressed when we didn't receive a single letter from you. Do write to us. We wish you all the best for this year.

Your Dad.

Disappointment was dripping from the letter. I could feel it. I had no desire to be friends with Potter and Weasley but I need to befriend them so that my parents would at least feel a little proud of me. I hid my letter inside my trunk because I did not want to take the risk of someone else reading it. I quickly left my dormitory and went outside to talk to my sister. I saw her standing near the dungeons with a black haired guy. I noticed in the past two weeks that she was spending more time with this guy instead of the Weasley twins. They were talking among themselves and I leaned a little to listen to them.

"Daniela, why are we standing near the dungeons? Why did you bring me here?"

"Jacob, I am really worried about my sister. I just came to talk to her and I didn't bring you here, you wanted to accompany me wherever I was going."

"I didn't think you would visit the dungeons for you sister. I thought you would go to the astronomy tower and I would get to spend some alone time with you."

"I spent the entire evening and also shared my chocolates with you yesterday remember?"

"I do remember Daniela, but how can I forget those glorious moments when one of the Weasley twins interrupted us with his bludger and bat?"

"I did warn you about it."

"Anyway, you don't need to worry about your sister. She has already ruined herself after getting sorted into that house."

"Don't you dare say that about my sister. She still is very virtuous and will remain the same no matter what house she gets sorted in. And you should leave now. I want to have a word with my sister."

"Fine then! I am leaving."

I didn't feel any guilt for being the reason behind their dispute. Daniela should never be friends with these low minded people.

"Lihanna?! What happened to you? You didn't speak to me even once! How are you doing in your classes? Did any Slytherin kid bully you?"

"Everything is just fine. My classes are going great and nobody bullied me. Not yet."

"I got so worried when you started to ignore me. If you have any problem just speak to me and don't worry I know you will do great in your studies. Did you get a letter from mom and dad? I had written to them."

"Yes, I have received their letter."

Daniela instantly hugged me tight.

"Lihanna, listen! I know I am not a very good sister as you never share your feelings with me but if you ever face any difficulties just know that I will be there with you always! And don't feel upset as your house won't decide your future but your hard work will so if anyone says anything bad about you don't listen to them okay? You should now return to your dormitory and I will head back to mine. Take care!"