07 - Sadrien

He clenched his teeth as he watched them both from afar. This was their song. Adrien and Marinette’s song. How didn’t he think that the guitarist would offer her a dance? That was so dumb. 

This was the song that made him question his feelings towards her while they were dancing under the moonlight.. He was supposed to be the one she’s dancing with; not Luka.

Since he wasn’t paying attention to the keyboard anymore, he pressed the wrong key, a high pitched one, startling everyone (including himself).

Luka was aware of Adrien’s gaze the whole time. He knew his plan would work. He knew Adrien returned Marinette’s feelings. Finally, she’ll be happy soon.
Although it hurts, her heart only belonged to the model, and he had accepted that.

“S-sorry! My father’s calling, gotta be important hehe!” Adrien quickly apologized as he excused himself.

Apparently Marinette was the only one who noticed his weird behaviour and followed after him, leaving a smirking Luka behind.

Alya came next to him and fist bumped. “Pound it.”

___________________

Adrien had no idea what had gotten over him. They were just dancing for God’s sake!

Marinette had told both sides of him that she and Luka were no longer a thing.
Don’t forget the other boy she mentioned. A small voice echoed in his head.

Right. There was another boy too.
Two rivals.

First Ladybug, and now Marinette.

How could he think he could make any of these girls fall for him? They were both out of his league. They were pretty similar too. 

Brave, kind, beautiful, mesmerizing blue bell eyes… 

I guess I have a type. But I'm not my type’s type.

He sighed in frustration, not noticing Marinette behind him. “Adrien?”

His eyes widened and turned around, giving her his best fake smile. “Hi.”

She frowned at him, her eyebrows rose. “Is everything okay?”

“O-oh um.. I didn’t get to pick up. I was too late! So I tried calling back, but he’s not answering so I'm kinda worried.” He hated lying, but he couldn’t tell her the truth.
It’s not like they were together or something, it wouldn’t make sense.

She placed her hand on his shoulder.
“Did you try calling Nathalie?”

“O-oh! I didn’t think of that, silly me. But um.. My phone’s almost dead so-”

“You can try from mine if you’d like.” She shyly offered him.

“No no! I don’t know her phone number by heart.”

Another lie.

“Oh, okay. So what will you do?”

“I guess walk until there?”

“But it’s late.” She furrowed her brows at him.

“Don’t worry! I’ll be fine.”

His nervous look turned into a soft one, as he could tell how much she cared about his safety and well-being.

He stepped closer to her and placed his arms around her, pulling her towards him. Marinette gasped at the sudden embrace, but  didn’t hesitate to return it.

 “Thanks for caring.” He murmured.

“Of course. Always, Adrien. I’m here for you.”  They soon pulled away and stared at each other for a few seconds before Adrien cleared his throat, breaking the silence. 

“Good night.”

“Careful!” Marinette called from behind as he walked away. 

“Will do!”

He kept walking until he was sure Marinette or anyone else could see him, and hid somewhere, transforming into his alter ego.

He had to clear his head up.