31

••••3rd person••••

••••
3rd person
••••

"What? You're family now. What would you need the opinion of someone who is not family?" Jungwon opposed the fact that Areum feels like she needs to talk to Jisoo before signing the adoption papers.

Jungwon hates Jisoo even more, now that he knows that he and Areum are related and that she almost died because of her. He didn't always hate her. In fact, he relied on her a lot back in the day.

It's the fact that she started to give him the cold shoulder out of nowhere and then the fact that she hid such important information from their family. Nothing would've changed if she just told the truth.

But her we are.

"Come on, she is still your sister." Sunghoon flicker the youngers forehead.

"As far as I'm concerned, Areum noona is the only real sister I have. She is the only one who treated me like I was her brother, and she didn't even grow up with me." Jungwon stood his ground." So no. I don't think we need Jisoo."

Areum shook her head at the younger and looked at the adoption papers in her hand. She took a deep breath and contemplated how her life would change if she signed these.

She would have a family, a home and not just a house, a loving little brother and two very supportive parents. And maybe, a sister.

Speaking of which, there was a knock heard on the door. Sunghoon stood up and went to open it while Jungwon rolled his eyes.

"I guess it must be her." He sighed.

And he was righted. It was Jisoo. She stood at the door looking a bit lost but like she knew that, thats where she is supposed to be.

"Let's give them room." Sunghoon said as he dragged out a pouty Jungwon.

After the door closed, there was a cold breeze in the air. Almost like the window was opened or like they were outside.

"H-how are you feeling?" Jisoo hesitantly took a step towards the chair next to Areum.

Areum was stunned. The fact that Jisoo was asking a question which she already knew the answer for. Maybe she was just trying to make small talk...

I wonder what she would've done if I died, Areum though in her head.

"Quite alive..." she whispered, answering Jisoos question. And that is literally how she felt. Somehow, staring death right in the face and then miraculously falling out of its grip makes you feel very alive. This is coming from someone who hasn't felt alive in years.

It's almost like Areum actually wanted to live this time.

"Did you want the opposite to happen?" She then countered, making Jisoos heart sink.

"That not what I wanted." Jisoo sigh in misery. She really did feel bad and she never thought it would come to this.

"Then what did you want? Huh? You made me feel like I wasn't worth anything! Like I was less worthy of my breath than a dirty animal! You completely ruined my life and you know why it hurt so bad?!" Areum paused. She wasn't crying. She had no tears left to cry. But she was deeply wounded.

"Because you were my only family after my dad passed." She whispered.

The tears that Jisoo had been hold back finally fell. It did in fact break her heart that it got this far and she doesn't want to his it. She wants Areum to know that she really didn't mean to, as little as it may mean considering Areum is on her post death bed.

"It really wasn't supposed to go this far." She said as she got in her knees with her head hung low.

"Then why?" Areum asked.

Jisoo than took a deep breath," I was terrified once I found out that they were looking for their real daughter."

"Mom and dad had started to seem irritated at everything I did. I would get scolded for so much. I felt like I wasn't really wanted and I even considered running away and they were considering sending me abroad, remember? And then all of a sudden they were looking for their real daughter. I felt like they were trying to get rid of me." She paused, making Areum shake her head.

"But you were an annoying teenager in puberty. Even I was annoyed at you a lot back then, remember? They are human beings to, ofcourse if you kept putting nair in you dads shampoo... he would get very angry. I'm surprised he was just annoyed." Areum said. Jisoo looked up to her and they both paused...

Just to burst out in laughter.

Despite the situation, it was almost like they were back in those years. When everything was sunshines and rainbows. Until Jisoo found it inappropriate to laugh, especially in this situation. So she cleared her throat to keep talking while Areum tried to keep herself from laughing because of those memories.

"So... I did the digging for them... and found out it was you." Jisoo paused and Areum stopped laughing. "I only wanted to make you go to a cheaper school or a school outside the city so that they wouldn't think to look there."

Jisoo sighed.

"I was jealous of you as well. You had good grades and people genuinely liked you. Either way, it was very immature and just terrible what I did. As if they wouldn't swim across the ocean to find their long lost daughter. And as they should." She then looked up to a pale Areum." You are everything I would want in a daughter. And I had the privilege to be your friend. I'm so sorry I ruin it. I ruined you."

Areum took a good look at Jisoo, who was now holding on to her hand tightly. Hoping to be forgiven.

"You have every right to slap me, spit on me, step on me, choke me or anything that you want. I deserve it." She added between her miserable cries.

Areum got up and off her bed. Jisoo braced herself as she felt that it would be right to do so since Areum might hit her... or something.

Right?

And there it was. The physical touch that Jisoo was bracing herself physically and mentally for. But I didn't hurt... and it wasn't focused in on place. Instead, Jisoo was wrapped into a very slim and cold body. It took both Jisoo and Areum a few seconds before they both relished what had happened.

Areum had wrapped her arms around Jisoo and unknowingly, a tear fell down her eye. Meanwhile Jisoo just froze, not knowing what to do and feeling like she really doesn't deserve this.

It took some time, pain, suffering as well as healing and closure before Areum let the words she never thought would exit her mouth, exit. And not sarcasticly, but sincerely.

"I forgive you... My best friend."

••••••

A/N:

Heyyy y'all!

Is this what y'all expected? I think so but I feel like y'all might've hopped she jumped Jisoo😭

Either way, I started university like 3 days ago... but I've got good and bad new!

The good news is... the next chapter is almost done.

The bad news is... the next chapter is looking like the last🥲

Either way I wanna thank you all for everything and I hope y'all have a blessed new year!!💓💓