8

‼️WARNING: this chapter mentions self harm ‼️

•••
"
she wasn't sad anymore
she was numb
and she knew somehow
numb was worse
" - Atticus

•••

"Alright, Areum. You seem tired. Why don't you go home for the day." Mr. Choi said to me as I wiped the glass doors of the cafe

Honestly, it's been a really long day, but I need all the money I can make. So I can't just go home because I'm tired. Also, it's my last shift for the week since it's Friday.

"No I'm okay." I said as kept wiping the window.

I thought he had left the room but all of a sudden, I feel a hand on top of mine, making it hard for me to keep wiping.

"I'll tell you what." He said as he snatched the cloth out of my hand." If you go home now, you can come back on Monday and change on the second level."

The second level is where full time workers worked. Is he...

"No way." I almost screamed.

"Yes way. Your officially a full time worker here. Since you and I are literally the only ones in the cleaning department." He said with a chuckle."I'll send you a contract." he added.

I can't believe this. I finally got a full time job, after looking and looking for half a year.

"Thank you." I said cheerfully as I bowed to him.

I then headed to the locker room and grabbed my stuff, ready to leave. In two days, I will have more cash after 1 month. Paying my family's depth might go faster now.

I left the changing room and headed towards the exit of the building, only to realize that it was going to rain soon and I had to hurry all the way home.

••••••••••
at home
••••••••••

I had just gotten home and was completely exhausted but met with a bunch of letters outside my apartment.

"Bills." I sighed as I opened the first few papers. I could handle the bills, since I live in such a small apartment and I often use natural lighting from my windows to light up the house.

The rest of the papers were just a bunch of reminders to pay off the depths and so on. Like always I would just put them all away.

I will pay them all back someday, if only they could just give me a break. I'm trying my hardest all on my own.

After taking a look at reality, I got a notification on my phone.