16 *flashback*

•••the broken hearts break hearts- Atticus

•••
the broken hearts break hearts
- Atticus

•••••
3rd person
•••••

[Mid October 2020]

"I can't believe school is in a few weeks already." Jisoo said to her friend over the phone.

"Ugh please don't remind me. I really don't wanna go to a place where I will have to see Jakeys face everyday after he rejected me." Areum groaned.

Jisoo had set Jake and Areum up on a date so that Areum could confess a few days ago, but Jake rejected her confession. So she had been very sad since.

"He gave me an entry to their behind the scenes for Given-Taken. Despite the pandemic, they were able to invite only a limited amount of people and since his family couldn't make it, he asked me. He wants me to be there and support them. But now I don't wanna go." Areum complained as she looked at the VIP entry laying on her bed.

"Damn, BE:LIFT Lab let him do that?" Jisoo asked, surprised by the intel.

"Apparently." Areum answered.

"Come on Areum! You don't have to look at Jake. Go there for Jungwons sake. He will be really happy to see you there. He likes you so much that I'm starting to think that little shit has a crush on you." Jisoo complained.

"Hey! Don't speak like that about Jungwon." Areum defended, as she was very fond of Jungwon.

"Whatever." Jisoo said." Anyways, you don't have to go alone since you have a VIP entry. Take me with you."

Areum sighed and switched off her bedside lamp.

"Alright then. I'm going to sleep now goodnight." Areum said.

"Yai!! Dream of Jakeyyyy." Jisoo teased her with the name she had came up with for Jake.

"Piss off." Areum cussed as she hung up to Jisoos mischievous laugh.

Jisoo put her phone on her bedside table as she got up to go to the bathroom one last time before going to bed.

She left her bedroom and went to the bathroom upstairs but it was taken, so she had to go downstairs.

As she got down the stairs, she could hear distinct chatter coming from her dads office.

She assumed that it was just boring business stuff that he was talking about, but she stopped her tracks when she heard her mother's voice.

"Don't you remember? I got a promotion back then. But my water broke that same day and I was rushed to the hospital. I gave birth during the day." Her mother said.

Jisoo walked closer to the room. She found it weird that her mom was in here since she never goes into her dads office.

"I got my promotion the 20th of December, 2000. You even said it was like a Christmas present. But Jisoo is born on the 21st. It also says that on her birth certificate." She then said." And then there was that man that I met at the hospital and he had a theory that the babies were switched..."

Jisoos heart skipped a beat. What was her mother talking about? Did she... have another child?

"Right. Then, there was also supposed to be a change of rooms for the babies because of some electrical problem..." her father said with a sigh.

"Are you saying that... because of the electrical problem? they might've switched our baby with someone else's and... "  he paused." Jisoo is not our daughter?"

"Don't you?" Her mom paused."Her and Jungwon literally have 0 sibling resemblance. And Jungwon looks exactly like you. Jisoo doesn't look like any of us. And she has a different blood type..."

Jisoo gasped and quickly ran away from the office before she could hear more and back upstairs where she bumped into a sleepy Jungwon.

"Are you okay?" Jungwon saw her tears, making him worry.

She ignored him and proceeded into her room and locked the door. Her hands automatically went to her ears and she held them tightly, not wanting to believe what she had heard.

"No no no no." She hissed as tears fell from her eyes.

It can't be true...

•••••
areums pov
present time
•••••

Sunghoon removed my hands from his torso and turned around to face me.

"So tell me this." He said as he faced me." What am I to you?"

I wiped my tears away and looked at him. When our eyes met, all I wanted to was embrace him.

"I-" I was cut off by Heeseung who walked up to us.

"What the hell, Sunghoon? Our manager is waiting outside. We have the Fanmeeting, remember?" He said and then looked at me.

"Oh, hey Areum." He then said.

I took this chance and to just quickly walk away from them. I guess I wasn't ready to tell him how I felt. Or maybe I'm just scared to admit that I actually feel something for him. In case it turns around to bite me.

Feelings are scary. They can lead you to do the craziest things.

Hate can make you kill someone, but so can love.

••••••