14

•••

•••

"Oh my gosh." Jungwons mother gasped as she slowly took careful steps towards me.

Honestly, I was a little freaked out by this.

"You look exactly like me back in high school." She said as she looked at me, starring at me for a few more seconds before tears started forming in her eyes.

"Mom?" Jungwon snapped her out off whatever trans she was in.

"I'm sorry. Let me take you home." She said as she opened the door for us with a genuine smile on her face.

I hesitantly smiled back and helped Jungwon out of the room.

"I'm sorry about my mom. But I told you once that you looked alike, didn't I?" He stated as I helped him into the back of the car since he wanted to take a nap.

"Yeah." I said, taken aback by the situation earlier." You sure did."

I entered the front seat, closed the door and fastened my seatbelt.

"Alright, where do you live?" His mom asked.

I gave her my address and she typed it into her gps before starting the car.

"So Areum, how old are you?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm 18 years old, ma'am." I said and she nodded.

"When is your birthday?" She then asked.

I felt a bit weirded out but I answered anyway.

"I turn 19 on the 20th of December." I answered politely.

"Wow, that's soon." She said and it appeared as if she thought about something as soon as I told her the date.

"Jisoo is born on the 21rst.." she mumbled, but I heard everything she said.

Why is she bringing Jisoo into this?

"In which hospital?" She asked suddenly.

Wow, from my exact birthdate to the hospital I was born in. Mrs. Yang really has no filter. She really just says what she has in mind.

"Uhm I think it was Haesol Hospital." I slowly mumbled and she gasped.

I gave her a questioning look and I think she noticed.

"Uhm, I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions... I'm just really curious about my children's friends." She said and I nodded, awkwardly.

"Hey, aren't you that girl that used to be friends with Jisoo? You guys would always play at our house with those boys... Jake, Heeseung and Jay. And for some reason, you only played when me and my husband were in business trips. Did you guys take our alcohol?" She then said as her eyes frowned.

"Uh.. yeah that's me.. and no to the alcohol." I slowly answered as she took a left.

"Then you are one who stole Jake from her?" She then asked with a laugh, referring to Jisoo.