11- A misunderstanding

"What the hell is going!? Am i the one overthinking a lot!? Maybe i got it all wrong and kaito and kokichi are into each other!?" No way they can't be into each other...

(If y'all don't remember what happened in the last chapter both kaito and kokichi were fighting for you and they accidentally we're in the wrong position and you were the one walking in anyways yeah that's what happened anyways going back to the story.)

Right behind you hear the door open making you turn around.

"It's not what it looks like!"
Both kaito and kokichi claim

"Im sorry for interrupting you guys" i scratch the back of my neck sarcastically smiling.

"(Y/n)"
"Y/n)"
Both of them say the exact same thing at the same time again.
"Why are you repeating what i say!" Kaito gets mad at kokichi

"Im not you're the one coping me!"

"Ugh whatever anyways (y/n) did you hear what we were talking about??" Kaito questions

"No?"

"Oh thank god" he lets out relief

"Why?-"

"(Y/n) right it's true we already kissed" kokichi has a grin on his face while i just turn all red...

"I uh-" i continue to stutter half embarrassed.

"Is that true (y/n) is what kokichi saying is true!?" Kaito looks concerned.

"I well.... Yes" i respond with a sense of guilt towards kaito, kaito whole expression changed into a frown. I wanted to explain but it was true i didn't wanna lie. Maybe right now was the perfect time to tell kaito i only liked kokichi. "Kaito I-" suddenly i get interrupted before finishing my sentence.

"(Y/n) give me a chance! Maybe if we go out you can change you're mind! So please give me a chance!" Kaito looks down and then looks at me with a serious face, i liked his determination that it had brought a smile to my face.

"Alright i will kaito, I'll give you a chance" i look at him meanwhile kokichi just had a pissed face.

"Well then if you're giving kaito a chance why not give me one as well" kokichi states.

"Fine then I'll give both of you a chance and if one you proceeds to win my heart I'll be convinced. I gotta get going since y'all did interrupt me from going to my own lab and doing my own thing I'll see you guys later"

"Wait-" kaito yells grabbing a hold of my arm. "What about later today let's go out on a date"

It took me back of how he wanted this so much as i was about to say yes kokichi grabs my other arm.

"Go out with me as well (y/n) then maybe you'll change you're mind not that you already did" kokichi smirks while looking at me.

I move both of my arms letting both of there hands let go.

" all right! I already agreed that I'll give you guys a chance so I'll go out with both of you! Now let me go, I'm out of here I'll see you guys later!" I then leave both of them behind trying to what cool but in reality, i had a lot of anxiety...

Timeskip~

As i was listening to some music in my lab, i was wondering. What would my mom do in this situation? Of course i wouldn't know what my mom would do because she died when i was very small, but she would always tell me to follow what my heart says. I was lost in thoughts that i wanted to realise it away but my way.

" look at me I will never pass for a Perfect bride or a perfect daughter can it be im not meant to play this part? Now I see if I were to truly to be myself I would break my family's heart who is that girl I see staring straight back at me why is my reflection someone i don't know somehow i cannot hide who am though I've tried when will my reflection show who I am inside... When will my reflection show who i am inside...."

I then heard some clapping out of nowhere my eyes winded as i see kaede clapping.

"Wow that was great (y/n)!"

"Uh i-" i didn't know what to say other than hide behind some curtains.

"Uh (y/n)?" Kaede face turns to confusion as she walks towards me moving the curtains. "Why are you hiding?"

"I well- please don't tell anyone you heard me sing!" I say nervously

"Why you sing great! In fact this is the first time I've ever heard you si-"

"Please don't tell anyone please!" I put both my hands together looking as if im begging.

"I understand then you're secret is safe with me!" She smiles

"Ugh thanks kaede" i sight in relief.

"But if you don't mind me asking why do you wanna keep it a secret?" She questions

"Is just I've told kokichi i don't sing not since my mom has died that's why i stopped singing but today i felt lost, confused so i didn't know what else to do other than sing"

"Oh im sorry to hear that (y/n) but you shouldn't leave singing behind you, if you're passionate about it and love it then there's no other reason to leave it behind! I know that it must have been hard losing you're mother but i think you're mother would've loved to hear you sing" kaede pats me in the back bringing a smile to my face

"Thanks for being here for me kaede"

"That's what a friend is for! So follow what you're heart tells you (y/n)! And don't let anybody bring you down"

"Yeah you're right!" Confidence comes back to me realizing that im not alone no one is.

"Well kaede i got two dates to attend to date and i wouldn't wanna be late so byeee" kaede looks surprised

"Two dates!?" She says shocked.

"Yep you heard that right!"

"Wow i didn't know you were that popular (y/n)"

"Me neither" i reply
"Well I'll get going kaede I'll tell you how it goes later!" I leave on my way to room. Let's see what shall i wear?

Sorry it took me awhile to update but I finally wrote a chapter! Also ignore the picture that I put in the top I just thought in the beginning of this after that picture just fit in the situation 🤣🤣enjoy reading this!