12- The truth

Let's see what shall i wear? I look through my pile of clothes, oh i know! I'll wear this!

This looks super stylish! I think it would look great for my first date, I never thought my first date will be in a place im trapped in 😅oh well it's the best that counts! Know kaito said our date would be in the arcade thing?( i forgot what that place in danganronpa v3 is called or is it a bar with games? Well i don't remember so moving on) Hmmm interesting well then im READY! I open my door ready to head out with a fake enthusiastic expression. "Who am i kidding I'm totally not ready"  i whine, let's just keep a nice smile on my face to show i am.

As i arrive at the arcade thing i go inside not only to see just kaito but i see miu, keebo, kaede and shuichi.

"Hey" i wave awkwardly at kaito who was just stuck looking at me.

"Wow y-you look beautiful" he says scratching the back of his neck nervously with a sligh blush on his face. A grin comes to my face but then i see kaede coming up to me.

"Wait you're going out with kaito!?" She says super loud shuichi,miu and keebo hear.

"Wait so you're saying space boy and singer girl are going out!?" Miu says laughing

"Uh no is not-" i get interrupted

"Kaito how come you never told me!?" Shuichi asked.

"Eeek so who's you're second date!?" Kaede questions

"Second date!?" Shuichi,keebo and miu say all at the same time with shocked faces.

"CAN YOU GUYS SHUT UP!WERE NOT DATING WE'RE JUST GOING OUT AS FRIENDS" Kaito yells then sights. "Anyways you wanna go play that game (y/n)?" He points to the game with vibrant lights, there was two motorcycles next to each other which were the seats we were gonna take. We both take our seat with determination as we pick a map called whale island which was a tiny island with little villagers cheering us on the side.

"Are you ready to lose (y/n)!"

"I wouldn't be talking" we both have a  smirk on our face with the feeling of competitiveness.

GET
READY
SET GO!

The game starts and kaito is on the lead. But i get a power up that increases my speed to go faster! I then pass him with a smirk.

"Ha! im winning!" I say

"Not for long" he then also gets a sudden speed power making him pass me now. I let out a noise of frustration trying to get mystery power ups to pass him. But in the end he got the most power ups and won the game.

"Ugh! Screw this I'll win in the next game!" I state In confidence even though i was defeated by kaito.

"Sure" he smiles

We then go to another game that includes shooting some zombies so whoever shot the most and doesn't get killed in a short amount of time WINS! I got the fake gun and start shooting as soon as zombies start moving my way, meanwhile as i was being to pro i took a glance at kaito who was completely getting demolished by zombies already. I let out a little laugh as his screen had said 'Game Over'. I was way to busy just snickering and laughing at kaito that i eventually lost my own game.

"Awww crap!"

"Haha! See (y/n) that's what you get for laughing at me!" He lets out

"Well i won this round! I got way much more kills plus you died way before me!"

"Yeah yeah I'll let you win this one" he says

"Wait a minute-" i squint my eyes to look at his screen.... "You only have 5 kills!?" I say in a shocked expression.

"Hey!"

"Pwhahaha that's hilarious are you that bad!?" I make fun of him.

"Hey leave me alone im not good at this! Plus i never even bothered to learn how to use a gun" he pouts like a cute little kid crossing his arms, i found this cute so i thought let's teach him.
I get behind him in an angle to hold his hand meanwhile he's holding his gun.

"Now while you're holding you're gun nice and steady you got to pay attention at you're target if it's moving or not, if it's moving you got to follow the flow of the target, if it's not moving it's way much easier to get them. When you are about to shoot the way to end you're target is by getting a head shot that is the most effective way to kill them in instant alright, so if you miss you're shot make sure to try again to get them right were it hurts! Understand!?" I say meanwhile pressing myself against him. "Huh kaito are you okay?" I notice he was a bit red but i was completely confused as to why.

"(Y/n) You're chest is pressing against me" ..... Kaito says slightly embarrassed

"Oh crap- sorry haha 😅"

"But thanks i understand" he then shoots the zombie with an incredible head shot! I smile in joy congratulating him, i didn't think my advice worked i did make it sound like it didn't make sense but wow im a genius! After those two rounds we play another 5 games until we were both worn out. In total i won four rounds leaving him only winning three so i was happy that i won even though i beat him just by won game. We decided to take a walk outside since our 'date was gonna be over soon.

We both sat laid in the grass next to each other but still keeping our distance.

"Kaito thanks for today it was awesome"

"No problem (y/n) im glad i could make happy" he says says

"Kaito i think it's time for me to be honest with you, i have my reply for you" i look at him with a serious expression as he keeps his eye contact with me. "Kaito I-I only like you as a friend im sorry"

"I knew you were gonna say that"

"Huh?"

"I knew that you liked kokichi since the very beginning but I just kept trying, i thought that if i kept trying i might've been able to change you're mind, but in the end it looks like you choose him" kaito sights disappointed

"Im-" i get interrupted

"You don't have to be sorry i understand so go for him! Even though he might be a complete idiot and a crazy psychopath go for him!" He flashes a smile like he always does completely showing how unbothered he is.

"Kaito thank you for understanding but if you're hurting tell me as well! I wanna know how you feel so don't lie to me! Also kaito you were able to change my mind a little i did feel like i was falling for you.... But that's enough i don't wanna confuse you any longer so do you're best!" I flash a smile just like he does, but then he suddenly hugs me very tight.

"Thank you (y/n)" he whispers in my ear making my whole body shiver. I hug him back and after that we say our goodbyes.

"Alright kokichi im ready!"