||Playing||

A/N:

A/N:

Shorter one but pure fluff—I'll try to get the next one out soon :)

~

"You're back."

Azrael cursed and turned at the sound of my voice, clearly not expecting me to be sitting up in bed, watching him expectantly.

I shuffled towards the bottom of the mattress where he stood and held my arms out towards him, my head too foggy with fatigue to even think better of my actions.

A squeal passed my lips when I felt myself being picked up then plopped down to straddle muscular thighs.

I blinked my pink lashes up at him as he adjusted the long sleeve shirt he leant me, but the fabric still slipped down my shoulder exposing the brown skin.

"I thought I told you to get some sleep."

I nearly hummed in pleasure at the sound of his raspy voice, almost forgetting to respond to him as I revelled in the vibrations that tickled my skin.

"I tried to for a little, but I couldn't..." But then my eyes widened, remembering why he left in the first place, "W-what did you say to your dad? He's not angry with you is he? I didn't mean to get you in any trouble Azy."

Azrael furrowed his brows, and I resisted reaching my hand up to smooth the crease that formed from his action. I shivered as he brushed his knuckles over my cheek in a gentle manner, the cool metal of his rings feeling like kisses of ice against my heated skin.

"You didn't get me in trouble baby, don't worry about that. My father and I did talk about some important things though..."

He appeared hesitant, almost like he was second guessing himself. But with a small sigh he continued.

"How would you feel...would you like to stay here? With me? Only for a short while until I find us somewhere else to go."

My lips parted in shock and I stared at him in silence, my eyes wide from his question.

He wanted me to stay? I truly thought that after everything, all the trouble I've caused, that he would tell me to go back home.

Assuming my silence for something else, Azrael started to pull his hands from my hips and took back his words.

"Forget it, you don't have to. I was just thinking that—"

"Yes!" I squealed once I got back to my senses. I threw my arms around him, nuzzled my head in his neck and tightened my legs around his waist as I felt my body thrum with excitement.

Although I pulled back just as quickly, gasping as intrusive thoughts ruined my happy moment.

"B-but what about mama! She must be so worried, I haven't talked to her since lunch. A-and Freya! Oh gods, she doesn't even know that I'm here! I have to go tell her—"