Chapter Seven

Lemmy grabbed my hand and proceeded to drag me into the enormous castle. The kingdom had a resemblance of Hell if it was based of the stereotypical lava-based, fire-ridden, and scorched landscape. Other than that, the castle was absolutely breathtaking; it looked as if it was built a few weeks ago due to its pristine condition. I stared at the castle in awe as Lemmy continued to drag me.

"Did you guys remodel the castle? It looks a lot better than the last time I been here." I asked getting a nervous feeling in my stomach caused by the memories that I endured in Bowser's kingdom.

Before Mario and I became adults, we used to sneak into the Koopa Kingdom to fool around and to just see how long we could go without being detected by any guards which, often times, wasn't long and we had to figure out ways to escape before our father and the kingdom would begin to worry heavily about us. They all knew we were mischievous and troublesome kids, but gave us enough freedom to explore the kingdom grounds...not so much the Koopa Kingdom per se.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! Lord Bowser had the castle remodeled after the treaty was issued." He said.

"Why?"

"Well, he's been meaning to for a few years, but never found the time to since you and your brother used to destroy the castle every chance you got." He half-heartedly chuckled and stopped us in a what looked like to be the main part of the castle. It was decorated in blood-red walls with gold accents and had many portraits of the koopalings, Bowser Jr., and Bowser himself being the main focal point on one of the walls. The floor was a beautiful marble and reflected both Lemmy and I's appearances.

"Hey, Lemmy, I'm glad your back! I need you to-" A voice echoed from the other end of the room and in came Iggy. He had on a lab coat that was covered in many different stains that were pretty hard to distinguish. As soon as he saw us, he looked as though he saw a Boo. His eyes were wide and his mouth agape; he struggled to continue talking and just stood only a few meters from us. "Uh..."

"Don't worry, Iggy. He's with me!" Lemmy chimed in noticing Iggy's uncomfortable demeanor.

"Um...o-okay, greetings, Luigi...Lemmy can I talk to you in private, please?" Without Lemmy being able to respond, Iggy grabbed Lemmy's arm and dragged him over to the nearest room leaving me alone in the large space.

-

"Lemmy, what the hell is he doing here!?!?" Iggy yelled, yet was scared at the same time. "What if Lord Bowser finds out he's here???"

"Relax, bro! Bowser's asleep and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't care." I waved my wand and had a yellow ball with orange stars appear underneath me to be on eye level with my brother.

"You don't know that!!" He rebutted back.

"Oh, but I do, Ignius. Bowser goes to the Mushroom Kingdom all the time! So why would he care if Luigi is here?" I crossed my arms knowing my defense was unable to find any flaws.

"Lemmy...Oh, Lemmy, my dearest brother." Iggy facepalmed and sighed deeply. "It's LUIGI!! Not some random toad!!"

"I'm not following." I raised an eyebrow and titled my head to the right to gesture my confusion. There's nothing wrong with Luigi being here.

Iggy screamed through his teeth and ran out of the room leaving me in there wondering what that whole conversation was about and the point of it was. I walked out of the room to see Luigi sitting on one of the benches with his head buried in his phone, probably letting everyone know he's fine. He heard my footsteps coming near him and stood up and smiled at my presence.

"Hey, are you sure I should be here, Lemmy?" He looked around nervously expecting to see Bowser come out after him.

"Yes, dude! Iggy has no idea what he's talking about, you're fine!" I said slightly annoyed at the fact that Luigi would question my intelligence. "Now let's go play video games!"