Chapter Ten

As I was searching through my closet for a nice suit to wear, I heard a rustling sound at the far end of my closet which caught my attention. Of course it was none other than Lemmy, but I decided to humor him. I walked over to where I knew he was hiding and where he could see me clearly, but I pretended to not know he was there. I grabbed the bottom of my shirt and lifted it up over my head to reveal my upper body and threw my shirt to where he was. Still no noise from him. He's definitely getting better at this. I then grabbed the band of my sweats and pulled out each leg and threw the sweats at him as well. Before I could pull off my underwear, he finally caved in and made himself visible

"OKAY I'M HERE!" He yelled shielding his eyes away from me.

"I know." I chuckled and walked back over to the spot I originally was before Lemmy came in. I didn't bother to put my clothes back on and continued to do what I was doing.

"So-...hmph." He followed behind me not questioning the previous events. "Where are you going?" He asked while waving a wand to have a yellow ball appear under him.

"I'm taking over Mario's spot for awhile, so I have a meeting to go to tonight." I said continuing to shift through clothes.

"The one that all the leaders in the world go to?" He asked as if he already knew the answer.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I looked over at him wondering who told him.

"Oh, Bowser and Kamek are going."

My heart dropped as I heard his name and thought of the dream I had earlier. The thought of him teasing and grabbing me sent shivers down my spine to the point where I couldn't continue looking through my clothes. I've never longed him before up until this moment and the thought of us together intrigued me more than any other relationship. This is probably an infatuation of the dream that'll go away by tonight. Hopefully.

"You okay? If you're worried he's going to bother you, don't be! He's there for strictly business." He said wanting to cheer me up.

"I'm fine! I just started daydreaming for a second." I nervously chuckled not wanting Lemmy to suspect anything.

"Uh-huh." He said skeptically. "Well, do you need help finding an outfit? Can I help, please?!" He pleaded.

"Okay, but Daisy will be over soon, so we have to be quick."

He frowned and crossed his arms as if he was on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

"What?"

"You're always with her."

"Not always."

"Well you're with her more than me!"

"You know why that is, though."

"Not really."

I chuckled knowing he was envious of the time I was having with Daisy instead of him. He was such a brat.

"How about this, we'll have a sleepover here tonight and we'll make up for lost times. How does that sound?"

"Fine, I guess." Lemmy smiled and ran over to me to give me a hug. "I just miss you." I returned his embrace and dug my head into his shoulders.

"I miss you too." We continued to hug for what seemed like hours, but was only a few more seconds until we let go of each other and continued to look through the clothes. After awhile, Lemmy picked out an ash gray suit with green accents and a green tie.

"What do you think about this?" He held up the outfit smiling and waiting for my response.

The suit looked like an amazing outfit to wear to the meeting and would surely help me look authoritative and like an actual king. Hearing myself and king in the same sentence definitely gave me goosebumps because of the fact that this meeting could put me ahead of Mario once and for all.

"I love it! It looks great, Lemmy!" I walked over to him and grabbed ahold of the suit from him. Still being in just my underwear, I decided to slip on the suit to make sure it fit properly and wasn't too loose or too tight. I felt Lemmy's eyes stay on my while I put the suit on and chuckled to myself lightly. "Like what you see?"

"What?! No!" He turned red and turned a complete 180° to have his back facing me instead.

"Awe, don't be shy now." I laughed still focusing on getting the suit on. The white button down shirt fit surprisingly well on me; it hugged my body nicely, but not too tight, but to the point where it hid my gut and highlighted my chest area. The pants were definitely a perfect fit for me since I prefer to have my suit pants be on the skinnier side rather than a straight leg cut. The blazer didn't consume me and wasn't too small/short for me. I finished by having Lemmy put on the couplings and my tie to seal in the look and he helped style my hair by putting it in a greased up look that complimented me very well. I walked over to the mirror to see the final look and I was truly blown away by how great I looked! I can't remember the last time I actually put true thought into what I wore.

It felt nice.

"You look really nice, Weegee." Lemmy said looking down at his feet.

"I have no one to thank, but you, Lemmy." I turned to him and smiled giving him a small nudge on the shoulder. A few seconds later, my phone began to ring. I immediately grabbed it out of my pocket and saw it was Daisy; she's probably here.

"Hello?

"Hey dude, I'm here! You ready?"

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute!"

"Okay."

I hung up the phone and looked at Lemmy who was visibly upset.

"I'll be back tonight, remember?" I walked over to comfort him and hug him. "You're so clingy." I chuckled to cheer him up a bit.

"Am not!" He snapped back looking up at me.

"Uh-huh, sure." I smirked. "I'll see you later."

"Bye..." He said softly while waving his wand to teleport back to his room.

After he left, I walked over to the mirror to make sure everything looked fine before I left to go see Daisy. As soon as I began to walk to the door, Aaron came through my bedroom and looked to be in a hurry.

"Luigi, Daisy is here and we have to go now or we'll be late!" He barked rushing me to come out of the closet. I ran out and we both left my room to head downstairs to the first floor to meet Daisy who was sitting on one of the red couches by the entrance. She waved and quickly came over to give me a hug.

"Nervous?" She inquired lifting one of her eyebrows up.

"Eh, just a little. Aaron is going to do most of the talking anyway." I gestured over to him and seeing he was focused more on leaving.

We walked out of the castle doors and saw there was a black truck waiting outside for us. Aaron held open the doors for us and quickly got in himself and the driver of the vehicle sped off to Toad Harbor.

After about thirty minutes, we soon arrived at the hotel the meeting was being held at and we all saw many of the leaders around the world enter the hotel with their security. Everyone looked great and were all conversing amongst each other.

Our driver dropped us off at the hotel's entrance and waited for us to enter the doors before driving off back to the castle. Once we got inside, we all awed in amazement in how beautiful the hotel was. There was a huge open area where there were restaurants and shops that were decorated with a tropical theme. In the center of the area, there was a huge fountain where a lot of people were at drinking and having a great time.

"This place is so nice!" Daisy exclaimed walking over to the glass railing and peering down at the ground floor.

"Yes, indeed; Prince Luigi, we must get to the conference room now, the meeting starts in five minutes." Aaron said slightly annoyed at Daisy's amusement.

"Oh, right!" I gasped. "Daisy, come on, the meeting is about to start!" I yelled for her to come over to we were.

"Coming!" She exclaimed jogging back over to us.

"Okay, this way." Aaron said leading us towards the far end of the hotel.