Chapter Fourteen

"Aye, Weegee, you staying down here or you coming up?" Lemmy called from the balcony above the living room that I was in watching television.

"I'm gonna stay down here for a bit, my favorite show is running a marathon!" I looked up at him from above and smiled.

"Okay, goodnight." He said walking away from the balcony.

The castle was very quiet as everyone was sound asleep in bed since it was two in the morning. This always happens when I wake up late, I end up going to sleep late as well and then my sleep schedule becomes a mess. It's truly annoying, but I'll fix it eventually.

I cuddled under the Sherpa blanket enjoying the peace I've finally obtained. It felt nice to be alone for once and not have anyone bother you with anything like how your abusive brother's cases are being dropped.

The marathon was beginning to end and I could feel the weight of my eyelids drooping over my eyes. The time read 3:56 on the cable box and I sighed at how late it was. Guess I'll be waking up late again. I pulled the blanket off of me and grabbed the remote on the ottoman and I was about to turn off the television until I heard booming footsteps coming from behind me which led to one of the corridors. I immediately knew who it was and strangely, I waited for his arrival.

His footsteps gotten louder until he was directly behind the couch I was sitting on.

"You're up late." He spoke softly which caught me off guard.

"I could say the same to you." I said light-heartedly turning to face him. His arms were crossed atop of the sofa's back and he didn't break eye contact with me at all.

"You caught me there." He smirked. "Can't sleep?"

"Eh, I just wanted to finish this marathon of this show I like." I said turning around. "It's over now though."

Silence filled the room and I could feel him looking down on me. My palms started to become sweaty and I started to tense up.

"I'm sorry about the other day, Green." He started. "I didn't mean to frighten you."

"It's cool." I said quickly. My mind wandered to why he's now "interested" in my well-being after he stopped talking to me. "Um...can I ask you a question?"

"Of course." He said calmly.

"Why'd you stop t-talking to me?" I blurted out.

He blinked and sighed deeply. He walked around to the front of the couch to take a seat next to me. His weight made the cushions of the couch rise a bit including me. He put his face in his palms and hesitated his speech.

"You don't remember?" He asked.

"Remember what?"

"Mario. He threatened to kill me if I continued to talk to you or be around you." He solemnly said while looking down at his feet.

My expression dropped from curiosity to straight confusion, he continued to look down at his feet and began to chuckle.

"I could definitely handle him, but I was more concerned about your safety." He looked towards me and his smile quickly faded and he sighed deeply.

My mouth was agape and I looked down in front of me in disbelief of what had happened. Of how my own brother could threaten a friend of mine no matter who they were. I knew he wasn't the greatest person, but this, this was the last straw.

"When was this?" I asked nonchalantly trying to remember when we officially stopped talking.

He was quiet for a moment trying to remember as well.